Align 700l Top Dominator Super Combo

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

By hgnimda on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Align presents their new 700L TOP Dominator Super Combo! This extreme performance heli can take pilots to the top of the world when it comes to extreme 3D heli flying. The T-REX 700L TOP is equipped with the new technology Gpro flybarless (FBL) system. This heli also features a set of the new and more powerful Align BL815 and 855 metal gear servos. A 850MX 490KV brushless dominator motor is paired with the brute amp producing power of the Castle Creations 160HV speed controller ESC for the ultimate in a high performance power system. The entire frame and structure, including the main frame, tail boom and vertical stabilizer, now use a slick new carbon matte black paint finish that also dramatically enhances overall model strength. High performance heli aficionados will NOT want to miss this amazing model!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Ummm.... What does this mean???? "The entire frame and structure, including the main frame, tail boom and vertical stabilizer, now use a slick new carbon matte black paint finish that also dramatically enhances overall model strength" So we have high strength paint?

2. simon

simon Well-Known Member

After a value 700 smak machine, BUY THIS
      Simon

3. smakmeharder

I agree @simon ... Its a nice kit for the price no doubt! But I think it would have a hard time beating my battery destroying gobby!

4. simon

simon Well-Known Member

But it would be 1/2 the price RTF, you can't beat that, sure your gobby would eat it, but you pay for the privilege. Also, you have to be a good pilot like YOU to push it the point where you can really get the value from the price difference. And don't give me any of that I'm just a humble pilot BLAH BLAH BLAH, you would notice the difference. For the rest of us, this is a killer machine.
      Simon

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    5. Burgo

Burgo New Member

Yeah! I'm with you on that one! Simon.

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

If your looking for your first 700 size, you cannot go past this... and when you've had enough you have decent electronics to put into another frame...

7. William

William Active Member

I got the plain 700L Dominator, I have built quite a few Aligns in my heli lifetime, this is the best yet! fit is geat finish is perfect, servos are nothing short of spectacular. I skipped the ESC and GPro in stead I used a Heli Jive and VBar. The battery tray is slick as chit, gearing is big and tuff! Now I just need to finish it! LOL

8. helladies

helladies Active Member

So whats the main difference between the TOP and non TOP version (besides the matte finish :rolleyes:)? I'm guessing servos are better, too..

Well, Align changes stuff up all the time... looks awesome!!!! Canopy isnt as Fugly as the 550L dominator.. looks pretty cool, actually

I buy all my Align stuff off this website. Best customer service and they ship quick. Sometimes they even offer free lipos and cases, 10% off everything over $100 right now and free standard shipping. OH and theyre out of US, too

They also have better detailed descriptions and photos on the product than anywhere else i've seen

http://www.aligntrexstore.com/T-REX-700L-Dominator-TOP-Super-Combo-RH70E12X_p_2852.html

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    9. helladies

helladies Active Member

10. William

William Active Member

Woo-Hoo super psyched

image(83).jpeg

11. William

William Active Member

Well the servos are the same, but the TOP has a bigger ESC, and Motor combo, and the matte finish but otherwise I think they are the same?

I have been having good luck with the smaller 1450 mah packs on my 450L but the 1250 were a fail on my mini Protos?

12. helladies

helladies Active Member

OO lala. Thats beastly!

Cant wait to see some flight videos!

So then the Align lipos are decent? That 5200mah 60C pack is $170.... I see you like those Glaciers.

(I think you and I have the exact same setup table.. works like a charm... I also throw a towel over mine..)

13. William

William Active Member

Man Hobby King is killing me... I ordered a second flight pack from them on the 12th They changed my shipment method to ground, and took a full week to box and ship it?

Out of all my orders this year this is the first one they really screwed the pooch.

14. helladies

helladies Active Member

Yup, thats HK for ya... Was it the first order from HK? I like ordering from them, but from the USA warehouse

15. William

William Active Member

Inconsistency that's what kills me, last order I placed shipped the same day, and it was like 7PM local so that's like 4 out there on the west coast?

Well I got 7 flights in today, 5 on my brand new Pulse 12S 5000, and my buddy let me use a set of hot 50C packs he has... Man oh man I think this thing is going to be my new fav!

This was the last flight I made on my new 12S stick, That place kinda scares me, it's got that pond on one side, and a big sign post and lamp posts on a Cul-de-sac on the other...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    16. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

The bigger the heli the better the crash...nice to see you mixing it with the big boys William..

17. William

William Active Member

Oh I am sure someday you will taste the sweet heli soul of the Dominator, but it was not today :p

18. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi there,

There is not only the motor, esc and the carbon which are new. The new gears.. 13/110. will give about 2500 Rpm with the 850 mx.

I ordered the Top version a few days ago. It will arrive on saturday. Cant wait..... Aaaaaah!!! :))))

Its my first 700 class heli and for my flying skills it will be more then enough. For me its a beast.

I dont like the canopy at all. So I decided to do a custom job. It will be painted in pearl white but the red front part stays. A friend of mine is a realy good painter. I ordered the 800 landing gear and an other vertical stabilizer in red/black. I will put some red alu washers under the m3 screws. This should look just great.

If you want to see the finished heli you can subscribe my youtube channel. Its Align Helipilot.

Has somebody get the TOP allready???

Kind regards,

iggy

19. smakmeharder

Hey Iggy , show us some pics when you start building the kit. Really interested to see...