Align 700l Top Dominator Super Combo

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

By hgnimda on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Align presents their new 700L TOP Dominator Super Combo! This extreme performance heli can take pilots to the top of the world when it comes to extreme 3D heli flying. The T-REX 700L TOP is equipped with the new technology Gpro flybarless (FBL) system. This heli also features a set of the new and more powerful Align BL815 and 855 metal gear servos. A 850MX 490KV brushless dominator motor is paired with the brute amp producing power of the Castle Creations 160HV speed controller ESC for the ultimate in a high performance power system. The entire frame and structure, including the main frame, tail boom and vertical stabilizer, now use a slick new carbon matte black paint finish that also dramatically enhances overall model strength. High performance heli aficionados will NOT want to miss this amazing model!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Aligns like higher head speeds.. I ran mine at 1950/2050/2150 but that was an older version.. One of the guys is running up around the 2300 mark... If you don't have enough head speed the tail will not hold.. I've had this happen on a heli before

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks man.

Thats what Im gonna try next time.

But what about the drift on the swash? Im using an original microbeast gyropad.

Can this slight left backwards drift come from vibrations on the gyro? Trims are set to zero of course.

I will check the swash again, but I checked it several times before the first flight. Its dead nuts on the pitch gauge.

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

spool it up on the bench and see if it drifts.. everytime I have seen this in the past is has been a vibe issue.

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Exactly as @Manyc states... I also believe it to be a VIBE issue. I have owned beast X in the past and they are a good gyro. If there are vibes, some helicopters will tip on spool up if you are not carefull. If the vibe is not too bad then the heli will feel very loose and feel almost disconnected. Please try the following Iggy.

FIND THE SOURCE OF THE VIBRATION

Take all blades of the heli. Spool the heli up at FULL SPEED. Watch the swash plate AND tail slider. Does the swash plate tilt? Does the tail slider slowly creep to one side? if so you have vibrations affecting your helicopter.

If the gyro is affected and the swash tilts or tail slider moves by itself under full speed, you have to determine which half of the helicopter is causing the vibe. The easiest way to do that is remove the boom and spool again. If there is movement, its somewhere in the head. If no movement its somewhere in the tail.

Give that a shot.... find out if its vibes cauing the issue.

5. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thank you very much man.

I will try that for sure. But vibes on a new heli.. Maybe its just the gyropad or the servo wires? Maybe the wires are to tight on the frame.

I will check all that points you said and report again.

This beast has to fly!! :) I hoovered it for maybe 10 minutes and landed it several times to check the screws and try to sort out that issues. A 700 is realy something beautiful.

Have a nice day guys.

6. smakmeharder

Ok if its a new unit, it could very well be an assembly or gyro setup issue. Regarding the assembly, only one washer needs to be put in the wrong way or left out in the head assembly. Also make sure no stickers or balance issues are affecting your blades. (ie you have not painted blades or put stickers on them?).

7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Its a new 700L with my 7200bx from last season, which was on my 500. I know that the unit works perfect.

I have built the heli very carefully. There shouldnt be anything mounted in a wrong way. Therefore Im very surprised by the bad performance today.

I'll check it on the bench soon and watch out for a tilt of the swash or tail.

Hopefully I'll find the issue. Im lucky that its raining now till sunday. :) Never thought I'll say this once haha

8. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

So here is my first short flight from today with my baby. I have no vibrations. The problem was the swashplate. You can not set it to level and move then all three servos to 0 degrees pitch on the beastx. Bit complicated. I made it now. Leveled on 0 degrees. But I have seen that the full negative and positive pitch isnt the same on both blades.. There is a difference between 0.3-0.5 degrees on the blades (12 on one 11.6 on the other?) :/. The servohorns are not on 90 degrees when Im on zero pitch. The tail holds better now on 50% but gives more noise on hard inputs and a little kickback on leftnose inputs. Tryed 1950 rpm on the head today. I still have to do a better setup. Maybe swap out the original tailblades..

By the way it was m first flight with a 700. Jumped from my 500 to this one. Still doing short flights, checking all the screws.

9. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Sound is good. No tail wag. After 20 flights it can be even more quiet if you keep this RPM.

Temptation to increase it can be strong :)

I like you attitude, attention to details and safe flying.

I am sure you will have fun.

10. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi man :)

I am carefull you see. There was a screw coming out on the tail a bit. I saw it after 3 short flights. But I took my locktight to the field haha.

Safety is first for me. And not to crash second. Im not the much money guy so.. This is the only way to have this kind of heli.

Im so happy now as I did the first flights and know where I am at and what to setup better.

The tail is getting loud on short hard inputs. Thats normal?

Kind regards,

11. utrinque

You mean "blade farts"?

Usually we hear them form mail blades... (blade stall)

12. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah right. Blade farts from the tail on quick hard inputs. A higher frequency sound. Thats why I said maybe I change the tail blades.

I never heard that on my 500. Maybe I recognize it just on the 700 because its bigger and louder. Im not that experienced to say thats normal or not. I had the feeling that this farts become louder the more gyro gain I give to the tail.

13. utrinque

Tail hum can be dangerous due to harmonic vibes.

Farts seem normal.

Do not worry. I use cheap "noname" CF tail blades and even in 800 they do the job.

14. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

In the video I posted you dont hear them. Just on hard inputs I tried after. We will see if its normal or not..

15. smakmeharder

Hi @iggy. Nice smooth flying by the way.. well done. Now to your problem. When you set servo horns at 0 degrees you should also set the swash at 0 degrees pitch at the same time. Normally you start at the servos and work towards then head ( so servos first, then align swash to middle travel then adjust blades to zero pitch). Also the humm from the tail.... Does it sound like an angry Bee/hornet? If it does, that is normal for a bigger helicopter on the tail. Like your video, please show more! I love to see people progress with flying.

16. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks @smakmeharder :))

Landing wasnt that smooth but who cares. Haha. Yeah the tail sounds kind of aggressive hornet when I give quick and full inputs to the tail (45 degrees turns).

I will check the head again. If I want to have 90 degrees on the servo horn I have to move them one tooth down. Wouldnt be clever to screw out the ball linkages more in my opinion. I have still a bit an instable feeling. Have to try more on the potis on the BX.

Will put in a better vid with the cannopy on when everything fits and I feel comfortable.

Kind regards,

17. smakmeharder

When setting the servo horns as CLOSE to center as possible, if they are out just a bit, you have to zero them using the beastX, THEN level the swash plate. The swash plate should be sitting dead center on the main shaft - the manual gives the right length of the linkages to get center position. Then zero the blades. I would not screw out ball linkages. From memory the beast x has a different flight modes. If you select extreme, it will feel very loose around the center. Best to select sport flying to start with then move up if its not loose enough.

18. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi man

I putted on the servo horns to mechanical mid position before I built them in. The linkages lenght is according to the manual. But when I want 0 on the blades, the servos go more an more upwards and are not centered anymore. Thats why Im confused. So should I move the horns down again on the servo itself?

19. utrinque

If swash is not perfectly level gyro will take całe of it once you are airborne. Not a big deal.

Binding strong fast HV servos can be more dangerous. They can burn and melt.

Proper gyro mounting is important. Vibrations can cause BeastX go crazy.

20. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

I have no vibrations at all. The servos cant bind anywhere, there is a menu point to set this up correctly on the BX.

I dont fly with the presets from the BX. Its set up to TX. Flying with 10% expo because I like direct control feeling. The heli doesnt stop hard enough on the swash. Havent got a locked in feeling.