Align 700l Top Dominator Super Combo

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

By hgnimda on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Align presents their new 700L TOP Dominator Super Combo! This extreme performance heli can take pilots to the top of the world when it comes to extreme 3D heli flying. The T-REX 700L TOP is equipped with the new technology Gpro flybarless (FBL) system. This heli also features a set of the new and more powerful Align BL815 and 855 metal gear servos. A 850MX 490KV brushless dominator motor is paired with the brute amp producing power of the Castle Creations 160HV speed controller ESC for the ultimate in a high performance power system. The entire frame and structure, including the main frame, tail boom and vertical stabilizer, now use a slick new carbon matte black paint finish that also dramatically enhances overall model strength. High performance heli aficionados will NOT want to miss this amazing model!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi there

Setup is done. I had to give more cyclic gain and response on the BeastX. Now I got that locked in feeling that I like. First time canopy on. The tail is straight. Lets say my first flight with a 700. Enjoyed it so much. Stability is great. 1950 RPM normal mode. Nothing more. :)

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

The 37 degrees hot weather in Europe is finally over. We got 22 tomorrow. Cant wait to fly this beauty again!!!! She is ready ;)

image.jpg

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

AWESOME IGGY! Get out there and fly fly fly! The heli and the tranmitter combo looks GREAT!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    4. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I know you had some issues (to say the least) with this bird, glad it's all go, enjoy my friend. Looks great. At 2150 you will love it even more...
      Simon

5. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi Simon

You are right. I should let people know the reason..

On Monday I have been in Switzerland in the biggest RC Store we got there. This guy is shipping everything thats RC for all the other stores and is also the one who replaces the sent back parts for warranty. And of course he has his own store there.

He said that they had to replace many BL855H tail servos from Align. (I had two that burned down)

First of, those new Align Servos are not made by Savöx anymore. The qualitiy has become cheaper, made somewhere in China, even if there is the "Made in Thaiwan" print on them.

But the real reason for all that burned tails servos is the programmed heart rate in the FBL units. GPro has a fixed heart rate and Align do not want to say how LOW it is. It must be around 200hz or below on the TAIL! So - everybody who is switching out the GPro for an other unit and running the BL855H on 270 or 333 Hz will burn them down for sure.

I have installed now a Savöx SB-2283MG tail servo that could hold 333Hz but Im runnig it on 270. Means that it looses some speed there.. But I just want to make sure to fly this heli finaly! It has been 20 Minutes up there in the year I own it... I lost the motovation because I didnt knew the reason for all that trouble and have no parts available here. Align is denying everything in their mails. That sucks.

That seems to be the real matter about high speed servos. You got fast and strong servos, but then you have to keep your hz rates lower to keep them 100% alive.

Is this realy worth it?

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

@simon

By the way - my packs have been almost empty with 2050 rpm after 4 minutes. Gens 5000 60c. Is this normal?

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Almost empty?? I would have thought you might have 22-26% left after 4 minutes, maybe a little more, make certain that nothing is binding, that will suck the batts down. Try (I mean really make sure) you don't run you packs below 20%, you will reduce the life, puff them and end up quitting the sport of of shear frustration!
      Simon
      What's your motor and speedy?

8. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Im back from the field right now. Everything works great. I have no tail blowout anymore in hard pitch pumps. Seems that the Savöx Servo works better for the tail. Didnt change anything on the Bx.

2050 rpm with 4 minutes flight time and 30% left in the packs. Thats pretty good I think. Nothing binding there. Im really happy now but need to make some friends with this beast :)

Its realy strong and fast as well. Yeah!! Adrenaline is pumping... Haha

I have to try out some lower headspeeds because I dont need that much power right now.

My 500 feels like a cheap toy after flying the 700..

9. gonehelimad

gonehelimad Active Member

Hi iggy

I can relate.
      I recently bought the 600L dominator. Like you coming from a 500 (500L dominator Trex in my case).

The 600L comes with the 855HV tail servo and the 815HV cyclics. My 855HV came out of the box with gear issues and the cyclics didnt sound right. Sent them all back and waiting for align to send through replacements.

Bought this about a month ago and still havent maidened it :(.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    10. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi my friend

Thats bad to hear.. I have noticed that the elevator servo is sounding strange with the Gpro. Found that in other forums but people are flying that way, seems to work.

In my case the cyclics are working good. With the BX there is no strange sound on the elevator. I think the Gpro is not HV ready.

I fly my 500 with the Gpro now. Works great.

Replace the servos to be sure 100%. I would replace the cyclics as well on my 700 but can not afford it at the moment.

Its up to your shop to replace it. Align will not they dont care. So.. Dont wait. I have been waiting for months for nothing!

Kind regards,

Iggy

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    11. simon

simon Well-Known Member

That sounds about right, 30% left after 4 minutes. The 700's accelerate that much faster, they are a great size to fly. Careful with the lower headspeeds, align seem to like a higher headspeed, they tend to nod if you get too low. Don't write off the 500 though, they are great for learning new tricks on, crash costs so much cheaper when the inevitable happens. (You will always have a date with @Crash Heligod learning new tricks at some point). Now go out there, and fly the blades of that thing with a big smile on your face
      Simon

12. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi Simon

Thanks for the tipps. It would be great to have 5 minutes flight time with 25% left in the packs. But this will not be possible on an Align I know.. That would be around 1800 rpm if Im right.

I didnt even try 2150 today. Just 2050. I wonder if the 100 rpm will make a big difference on a 700.. :)

My 500 is ready to get smacked and will always be my try out heli. I never crashed it in 300 flights and Im doing smooth 3d now. Its my first heli. The 700 my second.

Its a big jump of course but the 700 seems to be the real deal. Stability and power is incredible. But a bit scary as well. :)

I didnt had the opportunity to buy 5 different sizes thats why I skipped the micros, 550 and 600 class and spent about 200 hours on the sim.

Hope to post a good vid from the 700 soon.

Iggy

13. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Should be good for 5 minutes at 1800 for sure, just save your 2150 on idle up 2 for a mad minute or two every now and then (an extra hundred on the head will make it come alive). It shouldn't nod at 1800 either. Good helis and good choice of sizes, enjoy my friend
      Simon

14. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

I love a couple mad minutes! Woooosh.

15. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

image.jpg
      Nex minit

16. simon

simon Well-Known Member

And I have seen you fly, I don't think 2150 is enough for you, maybe 2350 is up your alley, you mad fracker
      Simon

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    17. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks man

Yeah thats how I fly my 500! Haha. Lower headspeed for easy funnels and rainbows as well as loopings and than comes the idle 2 on 100% for the mad minute.

Great! Today its raining. Time to check some screws and setup the rpm on the esc.

By the way - what rpm is possible on the 700L Rex without exploding up there? Any experiences?

Iggy

18. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I would think 2400 would be about the maximum (unless you are @3dmick or @MickyD - they are both crazy) - maybe someone who's more in the know can chime in here
      Simon

19. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks Simon. Guy at MARCS ran his at 2400. Sounded like it was going to explode, but it went harrrrd. Dargue flew it like that hehe

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    20. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

hahaha trex700 2100 I think is the recommended max head speed :)