Align 700l Top Dominator Super Combo

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

By hgnimda on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Align presents their new 700L TOP Dominator Super Combo! This extreme performance heli can take pilots to the top of the world when it comes to extreme 3D heli flying. The T-REX 700L TOP is equipped with the new technology Gpro flybarless (FBL) system. This heli also features a set of the new and more powerful Align BL815 and 855 metal gear servos. A 850MX 490KV brushless dominator motor is paired with the brute amp producing power of the Castle Creations 160HV speed controller ESC for the ultimate in a high performance power system. The entire frame and structure, including the main frame, tail boom and vertical stabilizer, now use a slick new carbon matte black paint finish that also dramatically enhances overall model strength. High performance heli aficionados will NOT want to miss this amazing model!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

check for cold solder on motor / esc connectors...

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

You think the soldering could be wrong?

3. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Guys I have isolated all the wires (motor to esc / esc to ec5 connector) with a heavy wire tape. Could this be the reason? Leading all the heat to the motor??

The soldering has been done by a friend who is electrician. He is soldering his whole life man.. He did that bomb resistant. I couldnt imagine its up to the soldering!

4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Could this be the issue?
      image.jpg

5. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Did you use some secret Swiss Jedi weaving skills to make those lead covers?? It won't be the lead covers if that's the question. Or do you think it might be the Castle 160? I think they are covered by a one year warranty, so you should check it out and send it back for them to check. If it's out of warranty, it's probably not worth it it, they charge 135 plus postage (USD)
      Simon

6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hahahaha I made him some dread locks you see... :)

The ESC isnt getting realy hot. It does the job so why should I send it in..?

I red about high Align motor temperatures in some other forums and some guys are saying that its normal and that the motors arent that hot as they feel.

Everything above 120 degrees isnt good for the magnets in there, but to get 120 on the magnets you would have 200 in the core and that would demage the engine. And I have no 100 degrees here. No way. Maybe 80-90 maximum.

I should watch out for an IR temperature instrument. But they say its hard to get a real value on metal..

Therefore I keep flying and flying every day. The heli was long enough in the hangar!! :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Just keep flying, and keep an eye on those temps, some motors get really hot.
      Simon

8. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Update:

Im back from the field again. Brought my motor timing back to normal and gave the governor some more gain (from 6 to 7).

I have programmed 1650 rpm for hoovering, whats very cool. Nice sound! Got 1950 on iu1 and I like the behavior of the heli, there is enough power for my skills and I get 5 minutes of easy 3d with 34% left in the packs. Thats perfect.

Motor is still getting hot but thats right. It will survive. 26 flights done. Its dialed in, tail is perfect. Now we are finally friends.

Did my first pyro flip moves on my 500 yesterday. Not that tight but today its allready better. Quick process, want to fly crazy things soon. Maybe I try it out with the 700 in a few days. :)