Alzrc 380 Devil

Discussion in 'ALrc' started by PJ1977, Oct 17, 2016.

By PJ1977 on Oct 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM
  1. PJ1977

PJ1977 Member

Great Goblin clone. ☺I just picked up from banggood.com. I am surprised at
    How good the quality is with this thing. It's really almost right up there with the S.A.B. 380 Goblin. Does anyone else own one?

Comments

Discussion in 'ALrc' started by PJ1977, Oct 17, 2016.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

No, i own an original 380 however. There have been some good reports about the alzrc 380 devil, but here the price difference is not that much once you add on shipping. There are some things to be wary of according to some owners. But generally its pretty good value.

2. PJ1977

PJ1977 Member

Well "smack me harder " that is one cool ass wicked name. Lol anyways Thank you so much for responding
      To my message believe it or not it really means a lot to me. So you heard that the Alzrc 380 devil is good ? I seen
      A couple of good reviews too but coming from someone here its always assuring because there's alot of critics in here and there quick to point out
      Any flaws a certain Heli may hAve and so far I am in the green. Well first and
      Foremost the Alzrc 380 devil was the first stunt 3d helicopter I'd seen in my life. I actually saw it on a YouTube video. I had owned a coaxial two-bladed helicopter which we all know is basically a toy. But me I thought that all helicopters were the same I didn't realize there were actual stunts and 3D helicopters until I seen that video on YouTube with the alzrc 380 devil and I was blown away by the stunt this thing was doing I knew right there and then I was getting it. I was going to wait for my taxes to come in but guess what I didn't make enough in my taxes so I had to settle for something different the Walkera V 450 D03 which isn't bad. So recently I had been getting more hours at my job and I seen on banggood.com that they were selling the Alzrc for $650. But there was a sale a big price reduction they had a certain amount of 380 devils they had to get rid of, and get the new ones in. The new ones were basically garbage because they replaced a lot of metal Parts with plastic and of course the price was much cheaper but these old ones which was basically sponsored by Marvel Comics which was the Green Lantern ,Iron Man and Captain America I guess those didn't sell too well but the thing was is that they all had metal parts and they were really really cheap 'smack me harder" I mean really cheap a chopper that normally goes for $650 was 279. Again I was really blown away by this. So I said to hell and bought it. I can't tell you I must have been the happiest guy when I bought it. It wasn't until recently I realized that the 380 alzrc devil was a clone of the goblin 380. So I normally don't like clones or knock-offs so I said let me look at the Goblins the real ones because those things are beautiful and the prices were very very Dismal if you know what I'm saying, $1,200, 1300, $1,400 and that's just the kit we're not talking about servos ,Esc, Motors Gyros were just talking barebones and kit , Its horrible people that can spend that kind of money. So I said you know what I'm happy with my clone because I put them side-by-side my friend has a S.A.B goblin 380 yes and its the real thing. he's even thinking about getting one of the Alzrc goblin clone and using it like a beat up helicopter and putting his Goblin inside. He was pretty much taken by the quality of mine. So I know I talk too much. Now I got to get the servos in. The gyro the motor and the Esc in as well. Tighten up the belt because it's a belt-driven system and get this freaking thing off the ground and start learning how to do 3D. Oh and that's another thing I'm still learning how to do 3D I just got out of a hover. Well "smack me harder" thanks for hearing me out. Drop a message buddy if you feel like talking okay.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Hey great to hear @PJ1977. You definitely have a 3d capable machine and if you are entering into 3d its a good choice. The Goblin 380 is in my opinion "over designed" and this was verified just recently by SAB bringing out a stretch kit. So the G380 will actuall handle HUGE power and can be thrown around at will. So because of this, a clone built on this design will also handle some pretty descent power.

What i would recommend is learning 3d on this machine till such a time that you are not crashing so much. Replacing the clone parts is cheap. Then after a year or so when you are starting to become more proficient - start replacing the broken bits with the orig goblin parts you might find on this forum or ebay. The reason i say this is because the Devil is a good machine no doubt - but the g380 will last longer doing HARD3d day in day out. I have put literally thousands of flights on my g380 - its a beast of a heli.... infact i flew 400+ hard 3d flights before changed the tail belt which i only did as a precaution.

I will help you learn whatever 3d manover you want.... I loved the journey of learning 3d... I am not the worlds greatest pilot by a long shot but i have my own style which is generally as aggressive as i can fly it. 3d is in my blood for sure.... But we have some absolute GUNS on this forum... @Min, @3dmick, @josh, @Murray Wyatt son Rhys (IMO the best YOUNG 3d pilot in the world) and many many more.

So glad you are finding the passion....

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I've read mixed reports on the D380. Some say they are good quality, some say parts don't always fit properly (QC issue), some say to replace some parts with qenuine G380 parts right out of the box. I can't say... I don't own one.
      I agree with @smakmeharder, run it as is till you get more proficient, then start upgrading the more important pieces, as I did with the old 450SE clone I started with...... for 9 months until crashing became less of an issue, then I found a good Mini Protos.

5. PJ1977

PJ1977 Member

All I can say is Wow! Your one hell of a nice guy. What's your name by the
      Way? Just call me P.J. Yea it's passion
      Is right. Thank you guys so much for the info I am going run my goblin clone into the ground. Thanks
      Smack me harder and Beaver
      P.J.

6. PJ1977

PJ1977 Member

I also use a radio link at9 transmitter.
      It's actually pretty good. Buy I am getting a Specktrum 6 or 9 channel transmitter.

7. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

You started the same way I did.... coaxial, but I made a few extra stops before going to a "kit heli".

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I think the object is to NOT run it into the ground, but then I've done my fair share.
      What FBL are you using? I know some D380 kit combos come with a K-Bar FBL, which I used on my 450SE.
      If you get a Spektrum Tx, you will want to run DSMX satellite receivers.