Info Am I The Only One?

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by smakmeharder, Jul 1, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Jul 1, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Why do many heli blade manufacturers make largely black main blades with a tiny bit of color splashed randomly on the blade? Am i the only one who likes a clearly visible disk? I find that it helps tremendously when doing fast transitions and positioning the heli for the next maneuver. A couple of degrees can make a big difference so having the disk visible makes flying much easier to identify the heli position without second guessing. Black blades blend in with everything. It not hard to have an orange, yellow, white or red contrasting band on the blade while making strikingly good graphics to match. So can anyone explain to me why they don't do this?

Comments

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by smakmeharder, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Min

Min Well-Known Member

Paint has weight and because of the shape of the blades it becomes very difficult to have a fully painted blade and the correct CG at the same time without it weighing heaps.

2. smakmeharder

Yes I thought that MIGHT have something to do with it but printing and consistency is very very accurate nowdays. And some manufactures make very visible blades. You see I am not after a complete blade coating, rather just a white stipe towards the end so a visible disk is formed. I mean they can make night blades - that would be horrendously more difficult to balance. So it might just be a cost thing. If i had to pay 10 bucks more for visible blades that were great quality, it would not even be a question in my mind..

3. Min

Min Well-Known Member

Nick maxwell wanted no clear coat and no paint on his helix blades and there was a video about it somewhere.

4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

that's why I like EDGE blades I think they are more visible makes the disk stand out more

5. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Sab red devils make a nice halo

6. smakmeharder

Thats probably because he is so dam good he wants a challenge!... Next will be flying blind folded....

7. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

I used to fly Revolution blades on my Rush 700. They have a fair amount of white paint near the tips and were very visible in the air.

8. smakmeharder

And does it make you feel more confident when you fly? I notice that subliminally I feel more relaxed being able to easily see the disk..

9. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

Yes it does. It help a bunch to see the angle of the disc!