Are The Germans Doing Something Right?

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Fredo, Aug 2, 2014.

By Fredo on Aug 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  1. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

I have often wondered why Banshee and Heinselet helicopters never seem to suffer criticism like other RC helicopters.
    Is it because they are both German, have NO distributors? Their owners never seem to complain that they are too costly. You may have to wait up to a year to purchase one. Nobody seems to mind if spares take 6 or more weeks to obtain. Even the old models are sought after. Is it because spare parts are hand made to order regardless of the age or model? They appear not to go obsolete no matter how old they get. Are their owners special in that they power and fit out these models with high quality components and never contemplate using cheap alternatives including batteries. I often get confused as to their purpose ,Do their owners really care whether they are speed machines or full on 3D machines as I have seen them do both quite well. Should we just get rid of the one pieces of shiz we have and save up and get on the queue and order one to see what the fuss is about?

Comments

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Fredo, Aug 2, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Its a very good question @Fredo , i have often wondered myself. I think the Heinselet helicopter - by design - is unique in its flying ability. It is in a class of its own as it turns tight and effortlessly in the sky. They have very direct control!. I wonder why they have not been cloned yet because if you could successfully make one, I am sure that would be the only helicopter you would ever have to clone for a very long time. Maybe its too difficult to make a Heinselet without going through all the hand made processes. One day I may get the chance to throw one around - do you have one spare i could borrow? (lol)