Info Be Surprised, Support Your Local Hobby Shop.

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jan 7, 2017.

By HungryHungryHippos on Jan 7, 2017 at 10:09 PM
  1. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Over Christmas, as I am a bit greedy, I was thinking of rewarding myself, and buying an extra present.

While at JB HiFi I saw a Parrot Bebop drone, the controller caught my eye. I was seriously thinking about buying it, so I went through a few reviews, a few of them pointed out that the drone and controller lose signal.

For me this is a big no no, there is no way I am going leave something with spinning propellers in the air and out of control. I will stick to a real radio system thanks.

Besides, when quoting the price for the Parrot drone, the guy at JB HiFi quoted the wrong price, which was for a more expensive drone, the over quoting was by about $300.

So next I thought, why dont I just get a cheap no name 250 FPV racer drone from one of those international sites like bang good, yes they are cheap, their delivery times where long.

On a whim, I checked the local hobby shop website, PerthRC, and they where selling a DualSky Hornet 250 racer drone. I thought, sure it won't be as cheap as a no name drone from an international shop, but after factoring delivery costs, and what quality you end up with, I thought, the extra little money you save will be insignificant.

So, I went into PerthRC, asked for the Dualsky Hornet 250 racer drone, and they had put the box in my hand immediately, I opened up the box to see exactly what I was getting, no waiting on international delivery times.

But the big surprise came next, he said the pricing for it was out dated and there is a new price on it. The price was dropped, and buy a huge amount, the bang good no name drone prices where matched.

So, I got a price on proper quality, that matched an international online retailer with cheap no name drones.

At the end of the day by going local, I ended up winning, I got proper quality in my hands straight away, the Hornet looks better than the no name drones, I can stick a Futaba receiver on it and not lose it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jan 7, 2017.