Question? Belt Fitting

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Lycean, Jan 26, 2015.

By Lycean on Jan 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM
  1. Lycean

Lycean New Member

Almost finished the mechanical build, and am just at the stage of installing the motor. I can't for the life of me seem to get the belt to fit though, it's the correct belt for the stretch (2M-1150) but it's as though the belt is 20mm too short.

With the tail blocks mounted as far forward as possible and the motor as far aft as possible I still cannot get enough slack in the belt to get it over the main gear. Even if I could stretch it enough to fit it's going to be as tight as a drum skin.

Here's how far off the belt is:
    WP_20150126_001.jpg

I've got to be doing something wrong, but I can't work out what it is.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Lycean, Jan 26, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Something must be wrong. I checked the number on the belt and its the same. Check that the boom is properly inserted into the tail block and the same with the tail box. there normally is no issue there. It must be something simple...

2. Lycean

Lycean New Member

Thanks @smakmeharder, I was sure the belt was correct so I'll start pulling the tail apart and see what's going on.

3. Lycean

Lycean New Member

OK, duh. When I put the tail box together I partly assembled it and then slid it onto the tail boom until it wouldn't go on any further. Doing it that way the tail box neatly covers the uncoated end of the boom, and it just didn't click that those two holes in the boom were probably for the tail box to fit into. So the tail box was about 10mm further out than it should be have been. Fixed that and the belt fits perfectly.

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yeah it had to be something simple! Welcome to the world of helicopters. Where the obvious will become blind to you for days on end!