Bert Kammerer Is Leaving Sab

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by utrinque, Mar 31, 2015.

By utrinque on Mar 31, 2015 at 10:13 AM
  1. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

On 31 March 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by utrinque, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

No problem.= Our First Lady - Simone is now a Goblin rep. She's better looking than Bert anyhow!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well well well...

Here is what Bert had to say on his facebook page

"Hello all! I really hate these kinds of announcements, but it has to be done, so here we go: As most of you know, my wife and I started BK Designs LLC about a year and a half ago. BK Designs is the company behind the design and distribution of BK Servo products and distribution of Spartan RC USA products in the Americas. We at BK Designs have been getting busier and busier lately thanks to the strong support we have received from people like you, I have also been working on some new projects and therefore I have found myself with very little time to devote to my employment duties with SAB, for this reason and after much consideration, Enrico Bernabei, Stefano Baiardi (the owners of SAB) and I have agreed that it is best that I step down from my employment with their company as of March 31, 2015 to dedicate 100% of my time to BK Designs.

Enrico, Stefano and I are great friends, I plan on not only to continue to fly Goblin helicopters, but also to support them with anything they might need in the future. SAB is also a great supporter of our servos as well as Spartan products and I look forward to the continuation of this very strong partnership. I want to thank SAB for all the support and good times we shared since my initial involvement with their company back in 2011. I will miss working with them and wish them much success."

3. joffa13

joffa13 Member

Does this mean that SAAB is in some kind of trouble? Usually when someone makes a move like this there are underlying reasons

4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

its ok I just got of the phone to SAB I said I would take Berts job no worries LoL ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
    5. utrinque

Not this time. Bert just wants to focus on his own BK company. He will still fly Goblins.

6. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes its true! @3dmick is taking the SAAB crown of Bert! He even brought a new 380 goblin for me to try this weekend. Oh BTW I have a perfect battery charged that will fit your helicopter perfectly.

It will be interesting @utrinque how BKs company goes. I wonder if he will bring out his own helicopter which would mean he would probably not fly goblins IF he makes his own....

7. utrinque

I do not expect any revolution regarding design anytime soon. Actually from my perspective all helis share the same simple design. We do not need new frames. We just need low weight batteries with higher capacity.

2 minutes flights are spectacular but...

8. Abdon

Abdon New Member

BK servos are very good but expensive as well. Anyway Bert is a business man and if you check up his plane and motorcycle you'll see that he isn't doing bad business. By the way hello Utrinque!

9. utrinque

Hi.

Do you like Heidelberg?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015