Question? Best Way To Assemble Servo Gears!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 14, 2016.

By smakmeharder on May 14, 2016 at 2:01 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So after wrestling with my bk3000 servos, i finally managed to change the main gears. Does anyone know a descent system/method for inserting servo gears. The ones i have pulled apart are similar. So is there a method that anyone has found that doesn't require eight hands?

[​IMG]

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

I've done heaps of servos rebuilds, the first one was daunting, but if you keep doing it, you kinda get the jist on how it all goes. I don't have BK servos, but if you're stuck let us know perhaps show some pics of where you are not sure on how it all goes.

2. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

I always get this messed up. But eventually i figure it out.

3. smakmeharder

I eventually figure it out. I just wondered if there was a specific easy way. IE slot middlegear between drive gear - insert alignment shafts through gears then press them into the housing... I suppose it is bit different for different gear sets but they all seem to have 4 gears - the ones i have seen anyway..

4. joeclone

joeclone Active Member

Well this is just how i do it, get the smaller gear sets on first, yea the ones next to the drive gear. Next is to drop the bigger gears in place without putting the pin in place initially. Small amount of servo gear lube to help hold them in place. Then lastly just insert the pin to finish up. Dun find working on these hard at all, much harder to find the $$ to fund these :)....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    5. smakmeharder

Nice i like the idea of the grease to hold the gears! Brilliant, thaks @joeclone i am going to give this a go next time! Very helpfull!

6. gonehelimad

gonehelimad Active Member

In terms of final config I always take a few snaps of gears fully assembled from a few angles. Use this as reference re final setup

In terms of order I usually put small gears and pins in and then mess around with best sequence for final larger gears.

For me the last two gears order of install is trial and error.