Brain/ikon & G570 Question

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by iggy, Dec 2, 2015.

By iggy on Dec 2, 2015 at 8:59 PM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi there

Does somebody own a Goblin 570 with MSH Brain or IKON? Im tuning mine in the advanced menu and its getting better and better. But I have some instable Nick behavior in speedflights. The heli tends to go up and down a bit and is very aggressive on the Nick on high speed, like its just waiting for a minimal input to do something crazy than :D (up or down).

Thats why Im asking if somedbody owns this combo to share the PID values on nick and roll?

Would help me for sure as I tried some things this morning and couldnt get it nuts.

Thanks!

Iggy

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by iggy, Dec 2, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

What blades are you using @iggy? If the blades have their CG closer to the center and if the airfoil is thicker you will find that the heli will pitch up or down at high speed. The down side of speed style blades is that the heli is not as maneuverable through flip and roll maneuvers. @Manyc is the local expert on brain/icon issues. He is very thorough and a really good pilot as well.

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ok comes a lot down to setup... But generally keep upping till you get twitches on sharp inputs... Then do a speed run and see if it pitches up...

If you're using the stock blades.. Hello pitch up central... We all have had it...

Here is my last saved setup from the goblin.. I would drop the flip roll rates from the pics to 360 it's what I've moved to

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thank you guys!

Im flying the blackline 570 3D blades.. And that are no speed blades for sure @smakmeharder. This could be the reason, on the other hand my Aligns had also 3D blades. The 700 could to amazing speed flights, the 500 needed some lower cyclic gyro gain to track better in fff.

Thats why I asked for some values of sobodys brain unit. Thanks @Manyc I will give that a try tomorrow!

Iggy

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

wow... now your asking for the past... let me see if I can find some old files that may have it... but the pids and gains largely depend on your servo's.. so they may not work
      yeah I used them.. as did @3dmick they pitch up on any speed or hard cyclic... maybe see if the new halo 580 blades will fit...

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • List
    5. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

The black line 3D blades Cg is more suited
      For hard 3D

• Informative Informative x 2
      • List
    6. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

While probably not great smack blades, a set of Rails will allow speed and 3D. Rail 556 work well on my 570.
      If you want to fly fast speed then halos, cyclones and helix are not good options.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks to all!

If the blackline blades are just for hc 3d its right. Thats what im practicing - 3d and big air. And it works great.

The point is Im setting up my G570 in advanced mode and getting used to its behavior. Therefore I tought I can fix this detail. But okay who cares about fff..?

I will compare to manycs data and shoot 8 packs today. By the way - 6s seems to be enough for me. Its fun. 12s would be a monster :) .

Lets go smack!

• Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 2
      • List
    8. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

Thats it! Perfect!

I shot 8 packs with my netbook allways switched on and changed after every flight my parameters. What can I say.. The heli flyes great now. For me its perfect! This will be fun learning the art of 3D.

1. I tryed @Manyc s values but it wasnt what Im looking for. The behavior wasnt bad but not perfect as we expected because of different servos.

2. Then I have sinned and asked in an other forum if somebody knows the key. What happened? Hugo Walkes himself replied to the thread and told me to go down MUCH with the "Agility" and "Swash gain" parameter and to configure 2 settings (3D/Speed) but to change nothing in the advanced menu. I ended up with standard advanced parameters and Agility 70 & Swash 25 for 3D and Agility 25 & 20 Swash for speedflights and now its dead nuts. The heli tracks really good at high speed even with the blackline blades.

Somebody has written that the brain unit isnt good for speedflights and Hugo replied again that he won the 3DX Asian Pacific speed flight competition a few weeks ago with the msh brain. I dont know what heli.. But it works.

4. Because of a slight tail kick i decided to go up with my rpms. Jumped from 2000 & 2200 to 2100 & 2300 and it holds much better now. But it still kicks a bit even with the precompensation and the smaller 21T pulley.. Maybe I should try the brain internal governor. The Kontronik Helijive governor work much smoother than the Castle I had but there are still some small rpm losses on hard pitch changes (+/- 13 degrees on the head).

5. I tightened my rotor blades as somebody suggested this for better speed flight behavior.

6. The auto level... It works! I had to trim it a little but now it holds the position very good. As we said its something for the pink dressed pilots and we should fly like a man. But its nice to have this feature on board. Just for the case that the heli wants you to spend em' some new parts wich is hard to get for me! LoL

Whats more? Oh yeah - one last question! How can I know if my tail belt is to0 tight? I tightened it by holding the full loaded Goblin on the tail case and I could hear it slap a few times in the boom on hard pitch changes. Then I pulled the tail case a bit more backwards and I can not hear the belt anymore do what it should not. BUT - when I land and the heli spools down there is now a ticking noise from the belt or the front tail pulley. I red about this issue on some Goblins but could it also be a sign that its to tight? - The belts condition looks normal to me.. It has about 30 flight on it.

Thanks to everybody!

This is just the beginning!! ;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    9. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

awesome!... I was also running mine at 2600rpm... :p

the agility is a personal setting.. I like a more flowing feel on the heli.. its just the way I like it..

• Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 2
      • List