Info Chronos

Discussion in 'Compass' started by MickyD, Jun 10, 2015.

By MickyD on Jun 10, 2015 at 8:55 PM
  1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A Swiss knife designed by a German made in Asia = F@#rrrrrken awesome ;)

Pre-flight check -

Check lipo voltage
    Check servo swash movement
    Check blue light on spartan
    fly and try and break it.

150 flights

Rinse and repeat

Comments

Discussion in 'Compass' started by MickyD, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Hey ya chopsy. I think we flew on the sim with you and chucka about a month ago ✌

Congrats on your new purchases.

With the awesome support of Dean there's a heap of these flying in Vic. The compass designer is close with the ships that you have on the way.

The heli is powerful on 12s and would expect it mental on 14s. Dale is just a about to build his on 14s.

The geometry is linear, making it fly light and stops super crisp... Like no other.

They handle abuse, 900-2600 rpm, no upgrades needed.

The design protects the esc and lipos in a crash.

No need to adjust the belt, no even in colder months.

There is a 3 blade option for it too.
      Cheers

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    2. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

OH MAN! Did you see those VERTICAL funnels!!!! OMG they were insane!!!

4. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

Thanks Micky,

Couple of questions to overcome doubts:

There is a bit of mention on Helifreak how everyone seams to be running 690 size blades instead of 710+, and that 715mm blades is a general no go. I have plenty of 711 and 715 blades, so would want these to be suitable - will 105mm tails hold with these mains and have safety room? Or are the comments on HF coming from safety sissies that speculate without really knowing from experimentation...

The manual mentions it will go higher, but they recommend a safe max of 2200rpm... Are you consistently running higher? At least 2300rpm?

Spares seam a bit pricey for an Asian manufactured heli, like the $56 main gear, without crashing is it relatively cheap on the consumables (dampeners, thrust bearings etc.)? I know I got expensive helis, but this would be a 700 size beater.

I am already running 14s on Banshee and the new helis coming, so would set a Chronos up on 14s too. Though, after looking at some 12s setups on HF - it is sounding bloody heavy to go 14s. How do you think your Chronos would go with the extra weight of 14s packs, kosmik 200 and a 4535 motor? Alternatively I have a pyro 800 Dekker re-wind as my smallest motor on the shelf ;)

Any word of a future boom wrap for it, an option to get the visibility up?

I know the industry is shiz ATM, but the kit price is getting up there @ $1299. Do you know if @Dean has room to move for a deal?

Cheers for now ;)

5. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Thanks Micky,

Couple of questions to overcome doubts:

There is a bit of mention on Helifreak how everyone seams to be running 690 size blades instead of 710+, and that 715mm blades is a general no go. I have plenty of 711 and 715 blades, so would want these to be suitable - will 105mm tails hold with these mains and have safety room? Or are the comments on HF coming from safety sissies that speculate without really knowing from experimentation...
      685mm-716mm and 105mm with no issues what so ever in hard flying.
      The manual mentions it will go higher, but they recommend a safe max of 2200rpm... Are you consistently running higher? At least 2300rpm?
      Its there as safety as most blades cannot handle more. So check your blades specs. I mostly run at 2100-2150 but flew for the first time at 2200rpm. The heli is super super agile at that rpm, had to lower pitch. Most run 2150 and it a monster.
      Spares seam a bit pricey for an Asian manufactured heli, like the $56 main gear, without crashing is it relatively cheap on the consumables (dampeners, thrust bearings etc.)? I know I got expensive helis, but this would be a 700 size beater.Its a full derlin machined gear, it wont strip in flight unlike some and if you have trigger finger it wont strip in a crash. Adam was proof of that as he crashed his on sat. hehe. It's still cheaper than any other machined gear. In addition you wont have to replace any other gear in the drive train since its a belt drive.

I am already running 14s on Banshee and the new helis coming, so would set a Chronos up on 14s too. Though, after looking at some 12s setups on HF - it is sounding bloody heavy to go 14s. How do you think your Chronos would go with the extra weight of 14s packs, kosmik 200 and a 4535 motor? Alternatively I have a pyro 800 Dekker re-wind as my smallest motor on the shelf ;)
      I have no experience with a 14s setup. I have seen some flights on youtube, looks super light in the air. It lighter than Mikado 700 extreme.
      Any word of a future boom wrap for it, an option to get the visibility up?
      Not sure on that one. Was talk to make a stretch for it. You can talk directly to the German designer on messenger.
      I know the industry is shiz ATM, but the kit price is getting up there @ $1299. Do you know if @Dean has room to move for a deal?
      I'm sure dean will look after you, give him a buzz ;):cool: dude 0448 014 795

P.S If using it as a beater some points to consider;
      easy to work on! Can remove main gear without touching boom and belt.
      Can remove tail assembly without touching boom tension
      Split frames, cheaper to replace frame $59.99 compared to $100+ Has four parts to frame :)
      Designed to protect expensive electronics and lipos in a mishap.

cheers :p

6. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Three blade option available.

11907216_1084203671625795_2809841760702963913_o.jpg

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun weapon @MickyD
      Simon

8. smakmeharder

Are you going to get one @MickyD ? Would love to see you weave your magic on this beasty.....

9. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

"I'm sexy"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    10. smakmeharder

nice!!!!!

11. ChopsyWA

12. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

Nice pic :)

13. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Wow what an awesome flight. I was concerned about the goblin that started trespassing into his airspace from the 1.02min mark. Some very nice moves .

Stuart
      Citizen #507

14. ChopsyWA

Need to get the @The Informer to add Michal's YouTube to his feed, good vids coming out of Germany often.

Plus it will help dilute The Informer's infatuation with that Drone Girl garbage....

15. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Yea I saw that goblin trying to take over the air space. Daniel has been away from the hobby for a bit. Google him flying at alpine heli 2014. Awesome flying.

16. smakmeharder

The @informer has dumped the drone girl apparently (or its the other way around). Whats the youtube channel for Michael?

17. ChopsyWA

18. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

19. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Michal Bencur has been added under gun pilots. I have made his posts not show in the thread view untill a week or so passes,. Otherwise it will spam the recent comments section. If you know of ANY other good feeds, (website or youtube) let us know.

20. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

nice flight!