Finally! A Mini Protos!

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Beaver, Aug 20, 2016.

By Beaver on Aug 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Done deal! I finalized payment on my stretched Mini Protos airframe..... my first real non-clone heli, and only $150 with SAB blades, and some aluminum upgrade parts! It should ship tomorrow. I've already been reading up on things and looking for parts at various online sites. This bird won't be in the air immediately as I plan to get better quality electronics for the thing, which may take a few weeks or so.
    Next stop- download the manual and do more reading. :D:D 20160806_181311.jpg thumb-20160806_181329.jpg thumb-20160806_181404.jpg thumb-20160806_181416.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Beaver, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Right, next question:
      Did you run the thing full-on 100% throttle, or did you run governor and a reduced curve?

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I just wanted as much power as possible and i would just deal with the fluctuation - 100% was my gov setting. But on the YGE speedy I would recommend 85 to 90%. Rarely does the minip bog down due to loading - I think its why i could run on 100 without issues.

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Your always want to leave at least 10% for governor head room...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Here's an odd question:
      Occasionally, I go to power up the Protos equiped with Ikon 1, and the "LemonRx Sat has dropped bind to my Tx, usually when I have no PC with me to reset bind. I have also noticed this in the past with the K-bar fbl...... Could it be the common denominator of the Lemon SATs, or is this little phenomenon also common to Spektrum SATs as well?
      The Lemon SATs work fine when bound, but having to stop and re-bind at power-up on those rare occasions is a bit of an annoyance.

5. smakmeharder

Could very well be. However i ran spektrum sats for some time and occasionally (very rarely - like once every 200 flights) this phenomenon occurred. Since moving to futaba however i have never experienced this issue. Not once.

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Oh, snap!! I spotted a Protos 500 (plastic frame) complete minus FBL for $210 (USD) ........ plotting acquisition......

7. smakmeharder

Wow... thats a nice find. I would argue that the protos 500 is a better heli than the 450 - expecially when its stretched. It flys soooo well - very symetrical in its movement.

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I wasn't necessarily ready for a 500, but at that price, almost complete minus FBL, hard to pass up! ....... especially since I'm a fan of the nice silent Protos belt-drive system. :D