Info First Impressions Of The New Accu Rc

Discussion in 'AccuRC SIM' started by Firstlady1985, Jul 12, 2014.

By Firstlady1985 on Jul 12, 2014 at 1:01 AM
  1. Firstlady1985

Firstlady1985 Member

Hi guys

I had the Venlo to get my hands on the new Accu RC sim at Venlo. Although it was another tx and a model with other adjustements than I normally fly, it felt quite good. So I bought a copy and since Monday I am playing around with it at home.

I guess that I found a setup which fits the feeling of my Raptor for about 95% and I have to admit that it flies quite good! The physics are way better than in the Phoenix. I cannot compare it to other simulators than the Phoenix because I never had another one.

Here are some details of my experience:

- You have plenty of setup possibilities: A virtual TX (Trims, subtrims, Mode, Tail gain, pitch curve, throttle curve etc), a virtual fbl system (gains, deadbands, expo, agility etc) and the heli hardware (change motor, esc, blades, pinion, battery etc) With this you can adjust every model like you want

- The graphics are good but not overwhelming. I run it on my iMac (mid 2011) with 12GB RAM via bootcamp on Win7 with all the settings in “High”. It runs without problems, crashes, glitches and looks good.

- The camera works good, I am just missing a mode like in the phoenix “keep ground in sight”. I reported it to AccuRC and they will be implementing it soon

- The simulation speed can be slowed down, unfortunately the slider has a bug and does not affect the speed :) I reported this bug and they are fixing it right now

- At the moment you don’t have a lot of models to choose from, but I never try to fly the model I fly in reality. I always choose the model which flies best out of the box and then tune it for my needs. In my case this is the Synergy. The goblin was flying ok, the trex 700 e was flying horrible :/ But the synergy right now feeld wuite good

- Every heli comes in a beginner setup and reacts very calm. In the virtual fbl you can select between some pre-setups and when you choose “pro” it is quite suitable for soft 3d flyers like me.

- I am missing the possibility to save my personal tx setup. There are some pre-setups for different brands but I still had to do some work. Everytime I want to let timo fly we have to change tx (he flies mode 1) and then its always a lot of work to find the correct channel adjustements. I also reported this and maybe this will be a future feature

- The sound is okay, better than in any sims ive seen but still not perfect. I don’t mind because I never fly with sound but with music playing in the background

After all I have to say that the sim is worth its money! I don’t regret to have bought it. It flies pretty realistic and I discovered myself practicing longer at the sim than I normally do because its really fun.

The support is awesome. You write a ticket on the website and immediately you are in personal contact with the developers. Great!

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'AccuRC SIM' started by Firstlady1985, Jul 12, 2014.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback... it's appreciated.. Mine is on the way, i cant wait to get it :)

2. HeLiAdIc

HeLiAdIc Member

Im here in Australia so it will be a few weeks I think, untill I get my copy, can,t wait and thanks for the review.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    3. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

Thank you for the review @Firstlady1985 , I figured there might be some refinements. But the main criteria is that the heli flies realistically, looks realistic and is tunable.

4. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review Simone I will be getting it soon

5. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Before I buy I want to know... What does it crash like!

6. bjay415

bjay415 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, My copy should be here this week , look forward to flying it.
      PS don't tell @Crash Heligod anything

7. The Dude

I reckon we will get it next Monday mate... At least it's on it's way..

8. bjay415

Look what I got in the mail today

20140717_151632.jpg

installing now

9. Jeff_Bradley

Jeff_Bradley Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes bud, I want to see piro flips the next time we meet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. HeLiAdIc

HeLiAdIc Member

How long did it take to arrive from the date you received the email from paypal?

11. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Mine arrived today too, I won't post another box shot!. I'll put up a review of it over the weekend compared to RF 6.5, no time ATM, should have some free time on Sat Nite
      Simon

12. The Dude

I got mine a few days ago.. seems pretty good physics wise.. guys watch the videos on the disc.. it's a must..

13. bjay415

I got my email on the 11/7 it arrived yesterday but I picked it up from the post office today

14. bjay415

Had a few flights first , have to change the flybarles to pro mode to a good pitch range , but works good on default settings,
      Will watch videos now

15. Servo

Servo Member

Had it for about a week now.Very good worked first time.
      Better to copy the disc onto your pc first otherwise the installation can take a while.
      But first impression good :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    16. HeLiAdIc

HeLiAdIc Member

Just checked mine and this is what it said; Your item, posted on 11/07/14 and has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.
      So hopefully not to long now.

17. HeLiAdIc

HeLiAdIc Member

The wait is killing me lol, bloody Aust post can take up to a week to get here in Darwin.....

18. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I just got it.... its a bit more complicated than most sims... You must watch the videos for sure...

19. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Okay, i have played around with it a bit, you really have to get into the settings to make it feel right. It does not just work straight out of the box. It does have potential but my final verdict is reserved untill i can make it work properly. My issue at the moment is center stick does not feel natural and the pitch is a bit boggy. Both are settings I am sure..