Question? Goblin 380 Vs Protos 380 - Price?

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Johnnybgoode, Jun 17, 2016.

By Johnnybgoode on Jun 17, 2016 at 8:45 AM
  1. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

Thought i would throw this one into the mix. What do you think of the prices between Goblin 380 and Protos 380. Found this on another forum and prices are in us.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Johnnybgoode, Jun 17, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

It would appear on paper the price is cheaper. But it does not always translate to cost when the heli crashes. Also we dont know how the Protos 380 flies yet.

One concern regarding the Protos 380 is the same issue with the minip. For light smak its fine, but for harder smack the plastic blade grips (which reduce weight) create an inconsistent feel when doing hard pogos and transitions. Its why i changed my Mini-Protos head to a metal head. The difference was night and day (to me). Having a plastic head is good for crashing (things flex) and for weight (definitely less weight). But the end result is less precision due to flexing.

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Very interesting. It appears as though I've been given another reason to want a Protos. Those prices are much closer to average for replacement parts.

3. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the heli that is easy to get parts. Nothing worse ordering parts overseas or waiting for them to be back in stock.

4. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

And you can see it on the videos. The -g380 stops on a dime.

5. smakmeharder

Yes it does @MickyD . Thats one of the attractions for me. The level of control feels pretty good.

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

From the videos of the protos it doesn't seem to mind the smack. But that's just video.. Also you can get a full metal upgrade for the head

7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Interestingly the test pilot for the 380 is recommending people to not go the metal head upgrade

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    8. smakmeharder

For me the metal head on the minip was like night and day - the stops so much harder and the collective even more aggressive. It will depend ALOT on flying style no doubt. Many people probably could not notice the metal head on the minip but i could. I think ultimately it will largely depend on how stiff the plastic blade grips are on the 380p.