Video @gonehelimad Piroflips - Congratulations

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Dec 5, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Dec 5, 2015 at 11:10 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Here is Nabils (@gonehelimad) piroflips. He has been working so hard at attaining them and i am very supprised he has come this far... Only through daily routines and persistence is this possible-and @gonehelimad has done a set number each day. But note to everyone, it is possible. I believe that anyone on this forum - if they apply them selves on the sim - can attain this maneuver. Its not easy to attain but well worth the effort.

Well done @gonehelimad

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Dec 5, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

Ok... Nabil. firstly very well done. I can see however one issue that you are having that will affect your flip. Sometimes you are keying off at 12.00/6.00 and othertimes 3.00 to 9.00. So when you key off from say 9.00 or three, then you start the piro at 12.00 or 6.00 it interrupts the flow and you have to correct. Slow it down and observe, you will see what i mean... You will allways get variation when you are prioflipping (ie hard to key off from "exactly" the same spot) unless you can hone it in to about 20 degrees of consistency (approx)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks man. :)

I saw your video yesterday - how the rpm effect to the flips. This will help me to keep it the trick in place as I was practicing on 2250 rpm on a 630 Goblin. Thats to much pop for practicing I think..

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Never too much pop @iggy, what are you thinking!!!
      Simon

4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Ha! You are damn right! Im sorry! :)

5. smakmeharder

Actually @simon you are right!!! Never too much pop! It just means we have to make our piroflips more precise! I would take pop over piro accuracy any day...

I like pop.. Pop is good! Here is something weird out of the box If you have seen bad boy bubby you would understand all bout Pop!

At 1:20 bubby talks about pop (warning profanity).

And those who can make it past the first 20 mins of the incestuous parts of the film "bad boy bubby" are actually in for something really different.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    6. gonehelimad

gonehelimad Active Member

Okay so heres an update id thought id share on how my piroflips are progressing on the sim.
      Ive been able to increase the piroflip rate on the sim quite a bit now, also getting these more locked in. Youll also notice im now doing flipping over a complete 270degree rotation and not just a half piro type (learning from iggys video) i think they are looking nicer now. Seem to be able to lock these in better now. steel feel that i have to improve my collective management although better noow since my first post.

Now i just need to get these like this in the field LOL

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    7. smakmeharder

YES YES - 275 degrees is where its at i cant emphasize that enough. Its the golden number. Slow down any proficient piroflipper who is doing them consistent AND fast/nailed in and you will in most cases see 275 degrees!!!!!! Its harder to get your head around when learning however.

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Starting off, is it a good idea to match the tail rate to roughly the same cyclic rate ....... as in one full tail rotation per one complete flip?

9. smakmeharder

Starting off its probably best just to nail the flip first and let the cards (heli) fall where it may. Once you start to think about progressing past the first half flip, then comes the piro, followed by the transition back to upright. The rotations - or amount of rotation - become significant once you are start to stitch all the moves together and you need to recover into a position where you can make the movements and transitions flow.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    10. gonehelimad

ill post the two half movements up later tonight on how i broke it down. effectively the 1st half flip / piro / second half flip. all variables are adjustable.

i started off originally stitching two half piros together with a piro. i.e each half flip over 180. once i had that going ( refer first few videos posted) stretching it out to 270 as per @iggy post wasnt that difficult).

the piroutte in the middle is purely personal preference. more pirouttes give you more time to level the piroutte between flips.

• List
    11. smakmeharder

Yes it does give you more time to level the pirouette BUT another thing which your probably going to wonder what the hell i am talking about is the natural oscillation of the helicopter. When you are pirofliping fast the helicopter bobs in an oscillation as it progresses through the trick transition. I have found the 3/4 - 3/4 allows for the fastest possible piroflip while staying locked in tight. Imagine tracking either the head or the tail of the helicopter - now imagine the head (or tail) was trailing a streamer. If you are doing fast piroflips at 3/4 - 3/4 you would see a symmetrical sine wave (natural oscillation). If you increase the amount of turns you loose this natural oscillation (ie it will flatten out). This is purely an observation of mine. I can piro at 720 when I am practiced. Its an awesome feeling piroflipping at that speed and the only way i can do it is with 3/4 - 3/4

12. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Ok so what your saying to us beginners is
      1. Extend the basic half piro from a basic 180 rotaion to a 270 rotation.
      2. Keep the piro going for a further 90.
      3. Repeat.
      4. Join repeated of above together over time.

Stuart
      Citizen #507

13. gonehelimad

im online on phoenix most of tonight

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

14. smakmeharder

Close....

1. Extend the basic half piro from a basic 180 rotaion to a 270 rotation.
      2. Keep the piro going for a further 270.
      3. Repeat.
      4. Join repeated of above together over time.

That my friend is the magic formula...In my opinion..

• Like Like x 1
      • List
    15. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Did my first ones tonight. Albeit with a little rest between the two halves.. very excited to have broken the fear factor and pulled a couple out of the bag..

Thanks for the tips.

Stuart
      Citizen #507

16. smakmeharder

AWSOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!! I would like this site to help make more people pirflip than any other forum!!

17. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Ok so reviewing its a 540 rotation per half flip... So starting from a tail in hover we get

1. Half flip out with 270 piro (end inverted with tail at 9 oclock position)
      2. Continue piro for a further 270 (end inverted tail in)
      3. Half flip out with 270 piro (end upright with tail at 9 oclock position)
      4. Continue piro for a further 270 (end upright tail in)

The ones I did were more like 360 degree piro per half flip. And I kind of did them in two halves. Starting from a tail in hover I did

1. Half flip out with 360 piro (end inverted tail in at 6 oclock position)
      2. Half flip out with 380 piro (end upright tail in at 6 oclock position)

This allowed me to do the piro with full visibility of the disk on both half flips. So not quite what you have suggested.. More work to be done..

18. gonehelimad

hi stuart.

over 360 is how u do them when at sliw piroutte speed. once you speed things up youll find you naturally key offf just before 12 oclock position so it shifts to 3 and 9. id stick with 12 and 12 for now and get proficient then later add speed.

sounds like your getting it

the key is that in each half flip your helis tail is actually approaching the 12 oclock position in different directions ( one direction during upright, opposite direction during inverted). At high speed piro rates, if you watch your heli recordings, keying off a bit earlier to manage the flip results in a your key offs approaching a 3oclock and 9 oclock start key. which is what i and @smakemeharder were eluding too in our previous posts. i only realised i was keying off at 3 and 9 after speeding up piros rate whilst concentrating on a 12 oclock key off). So now at high piro rates im working to 3 and 9. Just keep working on 12 and 12 and get a good grounding so you can do them consistently locked in and finish each half flat with good collecyive management ( key). This can take a long time.

As you get more confident, and perform these more consistently, increase yourpiro rate. As you get faster youll notice your key off shifts from 12 to 3 and 9.

hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    19. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

That make sense .. slowly slowly..

Stuart
      Citizen #507

20. smakmeharder

Yes as @gonehelimad states! Keep on it every day on the sim. Never let it lapse! Be determined.