Hello - Newbie In Need Of Help But I Don't Help Myself!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Keven Daly, Apr 8, 2016.

By Keven Daly on Apr 8, 2016 at 7:05 AM
  1. Keven Daly

Keven Daly New Member

Hello all,
    I'm one of those learn by my mistakes, try, try again types so I apologise for some of my basic knowledge. I learnt on a Mcx2 progressed to the mCPX then the 200 srx grabbed an Align 450 Pro and just built a HK 500 TT FBL which is why I'm hoping to pester for some, what I think is simple trouble shooting :D so I hope you don't mind me too much.
    Thanks for your help in advance:)
    K

Comments

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Keven Daly, Apr 8, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Welcome! Your progression of helis is not unlike mine. I started with coaxial and went to 120sr, NanoCPx, then a CopterX 450SE-V3.
      Helping other Heli enthusiasts is one of the reasons this and other forums exist.
      So what seems to be your dilemma?

2. Keven Daly

Keven Daly New Member

Hello Beaver, I've spun up my HK 500 TT and the tail yaws violently anti clockwise and did not settle without stick correction & seems like the tail gyro is not working. I'm running a kbar yellow & Hobbyking HK28012DMG tail servo, I've tried all ther servo settings and adjusting the gain. It seems to behave when in setup mode on the kbar ( bluetooth), i've also used 2 x servo pads just incsse of vibration im a little lost!

Attached Files:

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

First off, double check the setup to make sure the K-Bar orientation is correct, one of the first steps in the setup process, make sure the main rotor rotation is set for the correct direction, then check to make sure the tail servo is set to the right direction. Example: on my 450, the Kbar orientation is set with wires facing forward which is the default position in setup. If your wires face the rear of your heli, you will have to choose the correct setting for that. I had my servo direction set wrong once, and the Heli tried to tail-spin violently on spool up. I have to choose "reverse" servo direction on my 450 to get the correct travel.
      To start out, have your tail gain set around 60 to 65 and adjust from there. Make sure your tail slider linkage has equal travel both directions from center and verify that tail rotor pitch is neutral when tail servo arm is at center position.
      Those are the most basic settings that will effect tail control right off.
      I am using the same yellow K-Bar with both Bluetooth and PC versions of VStabi software on my 450, so feel free to ask if you have further questions.

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

.... also, make sure the tail is set to Lock Mode in the advanced (or expert) tail settings.

5. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Hi mate your best bet is to join a Rc Heli club and get some one to check out your set up and you will be flying in no time

6. Keven Daly

Keven Daly New Member

Hi, I'll have a play at the weekend and see how I get on, thank you

7. Keven Daly

Keven Daly New Member

Hi,
      Where I am based is a fair trip away from a club but I have access to a number of private small holdings where I can fly. But I'm in touch with a couple which have helped me

8. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

No worries keep at it mate there is some awesome people on this site and plenty of Heli info lol

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    9. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Hi @Keven Daly glad to see you joined. Check as @Beaver states... very important. Make sure your tail blade grips are not reversed. If everything is set up right, maybe you have very bad vibes? Anyway stick at it, and bounce ideas back here so we can try to assist!

10. joeclone

joeclone Active Member

Since you've been progressing though the heli ranks I'm sure you've some basic knowledge of setting up a fbl heli. First off just to make sure you've the tail compensating for anti torque but I'd say your problem is most probably you're stuck in rate mode since you said you can still get it to fly with stick correction. If this is your first Kbar I'd suggest you get the bluetooth adapter coz it'd make changing settings at the field a breeze since you'd not have to lug your laptop around. I'll post a link to a cheap one when I get a chance.

11. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I think he already has Bluetooth.

12. Keven Daly

Keven Daly New Member

Yep I have Bluetooth but I can only get it off the floor when the kbar is in tail setup mode! I am going to try the different suggestions hopefully this weekend but I've some work to do first thanks for the support all