Help Help - I Cant Do It!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Aug 25, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well I can do a few tricks, but one trick is alluding me and its driving me nuts. I dont know weather its my limited pilot ability or equipment or both.. I want to know how to overspeed the head - not by a bit, but alot. @3dmick says "well you just move the sticks like this" and then walks away smiling and @Manyc says its like an auto rotation in the direction which you are flying BUT, i try and sure i get a little bit of head speed but nothing like Ducan Bosion or @3dmick. So how do i do it. If i want to do a 1/2 forward flip overspeed, I know its in the timing and position of the elevator and collective but i have not figured it out yet. Its driving me a bit loopy actually because looking at it I would consider it simple. So @3dmick, did you do an overspeed with the futaba? I am wondering if its something to do with pitch boost during the transition? Any help would be appreciated...

dhttp://youtu.be/3RJdqcS2BuY

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Aug 25, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

I suppose there are three indicators... A) if you crash an excessive amount B) if you feel unsure about your safety C) if people run for cover when you fly

I always think of learning to fly helicopters as painting a room (except alot more fun) - ie you cant take shortcuts. If you go through and learn the following...

1) hover in all orientations
      2) forward flight
      3) figure 8s
      4) backwards and sideways flying
      5) inverted hovering
      6) inverted forward flight
      7) inverted figure 8s
      9) inverted backwards and sideways flight

And make sure you learn each one properly before moving onto the next, you will build a solid base. If you jump from 1 to 5 you will have quite a few visits from Mr @Crash Heligod . While progressing through the numbers always go back and practice the lesser numbers and learn everything FIRST on the sim.

Its like my attempt at overspeeds, I will try them on forward flight first, then inverted loops etc. Jumping too far ahead almost guarantees a crash.

2. helladies

helladies Active Member

@smakmeharder .. Great advice. but its more than three lines... :p

I have been crashing excessively on the sim lately. That only cause I try mental stuff I wouldnt try on my actual heli.

If I take it easy and fly within my limits it can get boring.

I guess just watching you guys fly really inspires me to get better!

3. smakmeharder

Using the sim so it becomes a tool for improvement is a mindset in my opinion. I can have lots of fun trying to fly perfect figure 8s in all orientations on the sim, low to the ground. For some reason I always see a way to make it harder, better flatter etc. Its fun to do all that mental stuff on the sim, but thats not reality unfortunately. Sure its fun to play around on the sim but I used to make a rule, when I first start, make sure I put in a good 10 minutes on the basics - and really focus on getting it right. It will make a huge difference to your flying.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

@smakmeharder have you worked out the over speed thing yet I can get a bit of over speed going but nothing like Dunkan Bossion

5. smakmeharder

My overspeed is crapola... again nothing like Duncan, I gave it a bit of stick today on the 450 only though... Still trying to get a feel for it. I figured this much however, you can over-speed from many different positions and rebound with a pop in to a different trick, for example you can tail slide and overspeed - not that i can do this well yet but i was playing around with it. I think this opens a brand new can of tricks that one can perform by over-speeding and smaking hard into to a new transition. One thing is certain though, you need speed to perform the trick. This opens the door for some really cool tricks and totally spectacular crashes!

6. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

yes mate I agree this will open up a hole new bag of tricks if we don't kill are helis in the process

7. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Over-speed is good. You all must try over-speeding as low and as fast as possible. Whats the worst thing that can happen? You learn a new trick that finally gets the hot girls? If you don't believe me, v check out Dunkans cheer squad.. Over-speeds must finally be the trick!

995079_10204051152672121_6666453620346758904_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
    8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I use Rohypnol to get the girls, I can't over-speed
      Simon

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    9. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

yes and look at that one handed aileron tick tocks gets the girls must be a mode one thing hahahahahahaha

10. smakmeharder

Are you sure thats where his hand is? Just maybe he is even more talented than we realize...

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    11. simon

simon Well-Known Member

3D jack, his talent knows no end
      Simon

12. helladies

helladies Active Member

I've always been curious-- I know this is the case with brushed motors on micro helis, but.......Do you guys "break in" the electronics when you build a fresh kit out of fresh parts by doing a couple of easy going flights in normal mode?

I've always wondered about that...

Dumb question, i know lol

13. simon

simon Well-Known Member

@helladies I have always thought they start at their best and go down hill (after a while) , no break in for me, but I could be wrong, I often am
      Simon
      ps nice avatar!