Help Help Me Select Components For An E7se Build

Discussion in 'Synergy' started by Stuart, Aug 28, 2014.

By Stuart on Aug 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM
  1. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Hey guys I gave plans to build an E7SE sometime within the next 6 months. I'm going to slowly buy components until I have everything then purchase the kit and build.

I have 3 x Futaba Servos BLS172SV HV. I plan to use a CGY750. The rest is up for suggestions / recommendations.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

Discussion in 'Synergy' started by Stuart, Aug 28, 2014.

1. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Xnova 45 series motors and Castle120-160 esc's work well together

2. Jeff_Bradley

Jeff_Bradley Well-Known Member

5000 mah packs are just right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Cool suggestions. What tail servo would go with the ones I've got?

4. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

What do you think BEC or small external flight pack for electronics. I like the idea of a "pull to fly" plug. What are your thoughts?

5. MadBird

MadBird Well-Known Member

I'm running Xnova XTS 4530 525 and Kosmik 200 with internal BEC. Way too much overkill for a beginner like me, but man this thing cracks the whip when you get the head speed up. I put it in the other day and killed the sensor on my Vbar silver when the battery tried to eject through the rear frame, so I now have a Spartan VX1e on the way to have a play with. I'm still yet to decide on a redundant supply - looking at Optipower ultra guard or Scorpion Backup Guard or just a buffer pack.

6. josh

josh Active Member

7. Stephen

Stephen Member

I have one of these running a quantum motor and YEP 120 ESC. The YEP 120 is a great ESC and is very reasonably priced at (of all places) hobby king. I have not had a problem with this on my E7 or their 100 version on my Goblin 500.

8. Stephen

Stephen Member

I am running an external BEC on mine and am looking to get a scorpion backup guard just in case the BEC fails.

9. Min

Min Well-Known Member

The Matt Botos setup is Scorpion 4525-520KV Ultimate, Castle 160HV, Futaba BLS-273 and 276 with CGY-750.

10. Min

Min Well-Known Member

For me the dream setup would be Scorpion 4526-520KV F3C edition, Kontronik helijive 120+, MKS X8 cyclic, BLS 276 tail and vbar.

11. Min

Min Well-Known Member

For blades 696 and 116mm rails definitely, with the 4.9:1 tail ratio that the heli comes with its perfect at around 2000 rpm

12. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well I have the same servos and gyro except for the motor I am using is a 4530 LE scorpion, Kosmic 200 speedy and swinging 713s on the Gobby. This set up is pretty fast and the 4526 is not much less than the 4530 so I would think that would be an awesome setup. So even though my heli is not an E7, it has no shortage of power and the futaba servos while expensive are pretty fast. I know the BK servos are quite good as well and considerably cheaper. It just depends how much cashola you have to spare..

13. Min

Min Well-Known Member

The 4526 has the same power as a 4525 but is a bit lighter and more efficient. The 4530 is just insane but your flight times are cut to 3mins instead of the 3:30 to 4 mins of the 4525. BK servos should be ok on the cyclic but I wouldn't use any but a Futaba 251, 256 or 276 on the tail. The tail servo moves significantly more than a cyclic servo and Futaba is the only brand that I know of that will last years and years on a tail rotor application with no problems.

14. Min

Min Well-Known Member

I think your perfect setup looking at what you have already would be a scorpion 4035-500kv, kontronik 120+ HV Jive pro which has a built in HV BEC, 500-2200mah 2S Lipo buffer pack setup on a switch so you dont have to plug it in and out every flight, BLS-172 cyclic, BLS-276 tail, CGY-750 and Rail 696 and 116 tail blades. The 12T pinion that comes in the kit will give you plenty of headroom for gov with the 500KV motor. The Jive pro offers pretty much the best and easiest governor in any ESC out there, all you have to do is set it to mode 4 (heli mode) and bam its ready to go and you use the throttle curves to change rpm. It also has a 8V internal BEC which is very reliable and just incase your main batteries unplug the should be a buffer pack which is wired in parallel with the BEC. The buffer pack should have a switch setup on it so you turn it on before you fly and off after your flight. The buffer pack will charge itself since it wired together with the BEC so you never have to charge it. Rail 696 blades fly really well with the new low E7SE head, they are really stable and can be snappy when you want them to be. Rails and the old tall head didn't go so well as it didnt have the cyclic acceleration I wanted. even though the manual says with the stock 4.9:1 tail ratio 96-106mm tails are recommended I still think 116s are a much better choice. I know someone who has tried the 106 and 116 tails and there is a noticeable increase in tail authority with the 116s. With the set up above you should be looking at 4 minutes of hard 3D and 5-7 mins of sport flying at 1900-2000 rpm on the head with 5000 mah batteries. You can also increase your throttle cure to 100% and run 1 single 6S pack to get 10 mins on low head speed smoothness for when you want to relax and just do light 3D.

15. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Min thanks for the write up. I think you win the prize. I like the versatility of the setup an the interaction of the buffer pack charging itself. Really cleaver.

Now to start getting the bits... :)