News Million Dollar Home Destroyed By Lipo Fire

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Jun 14, 2016.

By The Informer on Jun 14, 2016 at 9:51 PM
  1. The Informer

The Informer Administrator

Reproduced from Fox 4 http://www.fox4news.com/news/156647018-story

"A North Dallas couple and their dog are left without a home after a fire that started in the garage quickly spread into a three-alarm inferno.

North dallas house fire_1465513045249_1417329_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

No firefighters were injured, but one of the homeowners suffered minor burns to his face. The fire was so big, it took almost 70 firefighters to extinguish it Thursday afternoon. Flames captured on SKY 4 shooting out of the roof of the home.

“I smelled something funny,” the homeowner said. “And I look over and I saw the smoke coming out.”

Ehlers says the fire started in the garage.

“My husband was charging a battery to his model airplane and it caught fire,” explained Ehlers.

In the hectic moments, Ehlers and her husband grabbed their dog and got out of the house as the flames crept closer to neighbors' homes. But neighbors were more worried about the couple's wellbeing.

Firefighters managed to get the fire under control in little more than an hour.

“It looks like the entire roof has pretty much collapsed inward into the structure,” said Jason Evans with Dallas Fire Rescue. “With that type of collapse, not exactly sure what can be salvaged.”

Related Stories

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Jun 14, 2016.

1. gonehelimad

gonehelimad Active Member

This gives me a sick feeling as i keep my batteries in a fire rated box in the garage and always worried about them.

2. WoodyB

WoodyB New Member

Reads like they were being charge unattended though but I agree we have to take all the precautions we can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Plankers

Stuart
      Citizen #507

4. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

some one should "charge" them for being negligent! (soory in advance)