Newbie Help Motor For Goblin 570 On 12s

Discussion in 'SAB' started by Manyc, Jul 30, 2014.

By Manyc on Jul 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
  1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ok... currently I am running a Quantum 4125-560 motor in my goblin 570. I upgraded it from a scorpion 4025-1100 6s motor. And while it has more power, I have never been hugely impressed by it... could be because its now a bit heavier, even tho I upped the head speed by 100-200 rpm when I put in the quantum, I just remember not being wowed by it....

anyway, always looking at other alternatives... but to be honest I'll see what difference the blackline blades make, as they should be a bit stiffer..

the two motors I am looking at are

KDE 550XF 565 G3 - http://www.kdedirect.com/KDE550XF565G3.html
    you need to watch the walk through of the G3 line... -

Xnova 4025-560 - http://www.xnovamotors.com/xnova-4025-560kv/

Not saying I am going to go out and buy one... but its on my mind.... other than those two what else would be a contender? not really interested in the pyro.. but I could be convinced...

Thoughts?

Comments

Discussion in 'SAB' started by Manyc, Jul 30, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well....@manyc I just spent 18 minutes watching that (dam you lol!) and yes I am impressed with KDE. I know this much - many of the KDE motors I have seen perform really well, so good infact that I know of some helicopters that actually exploded (yes - "EXPLODED") and others strip main gears. It seems that MR KDE focuses on extreme type motors and he has some interesting design concepts (multi strand vs single) and high quality (the motor core lamination's) . I cant see any reason why you should not buy it!

2. HeliGod Father

HeliGod Father Administrator Staff Member

Dear @Manyc . You have my blessing to go forth and purchase this item. Please be aware that it is a sin NOT to purchase that helicopter gear you lust after. You hardly crash anyway so that is justification enough!..

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I have also corrupted @3dmick who is looking into this as well. anyone used any of these motors? I wish to get an informed opinion... plus i still need to get some funds together....

and @HeliGod Father my Mini protos would not agree... :p

4. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I wouldnt go past the the Xnova @Manyc they are top notch motors I love em

[​IMG]

5. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

Now I know you're looking at the KDE, and I'm sure they are a good motor, but just for information I believe you should know that Zen will have the full range of Xnova's in my warehouse delivered this Friday.... Hell, I might even do another heligods 10% off vouchers coz I'm so excited about it.
      So there !! :D

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

hhhmmm.... hhhmm... you got the one for the 570 in there as well? the temptation series is as far as i know, only in the 700 class...

you get them in stock.. show me some sexy pics... and you just might get yourself a purchase.. I mean getting the motor the next day instead of 2-4 weeks.. hhmm...

hell when you got the blacklines(they are at the post office btw) in I saw the post at 5am and got up and ordered a set straight off...

7. feral

feral Well-Known Member

XTS series is for 700-800 class @Manyc

Trust me the Xnova is the better choice all your gear WILL run cool

8. feral

feral Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fan aint needed now it was hardwired for the last motor and couldnt be stuffed removing it

9. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

Yes we have ordered the xnova 4025-560 goblin version in the first batch ;)
      Power increase should be noticeable compared to the quantum. But ofcourse I am only guessing from specs as I haven't flown one yet.
      From the specs it is an impressive piece of kit, with more power than any equivalent motor in other brands, except perhaps the pyro - but even with the pyro it is comparable. Not cheap though, but then again, quality costs ;)

wow, after looking at the specs I think i might have just sold one to myself...:p

And yes - I did notice the order placed at 5:17 am - haha.

10. feral

feral Well-Known Member

If the difference in 12s xnova vs quantum is the same as the difference between the 6s motors your gunna shiz a brick ive flown both 4020 xnova and quantum on 6s

11. Dale Worthington

Dale Worthington Active Member

KDE motors are the most powerful and efficient hands down !

12. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

At last another view point... the specs on paper show that the kde has more power... but that's only on paper... xnova state they are more efficient... I'm impressed with the quad bearings and dynamic can balancing... but people are swearing by the xnova...

Hmmmm....

13. Min

Min Well-Known Member

No experience with the Xnova yet but the KDE is an absolute beast and very rarely gets hot. The 500 XF in the gob 500 doesn't bog or get hot.

14. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Xnova will pump the kde sideways:eek:

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    15. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

You flown kde before? Would be interesting to get the view point of someone who has flown both

16. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I flew one of the 2nd gen 700kf's it went hard but it came down pretty hot.
      Wouldnt say it blew me away.

Pretty sure the older kde are oem'd by NEU Motors very good inrunners

17. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Alright... internets have spoken.. both a good... both haul arse... but only one is called the rolex of motors... and that my friends is xnova...

i'll give them a shot... I'm sure I'll be happy... @ZEN RC when they come in, put one aside... she's gonna rock my goblins world!

18. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Good choice bro

19. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

So let it be written, so let it be done!! :D

I was expecting the stock today, but I'm guessing DHL had other ideas.... :(
      They will be in early next week for certain. Will let you know when they arrive. Now you can be just as excited about the arrival of the new stuff as me ;)