Msh Brain Ask Radar?

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

By Radar on Mar 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guys, if anyone has any questions about the Brain I am happy to help. I have been using now for awhile and have gotten rid of all my VBars and loving the Brain.

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

1. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Ok

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

The reason I fly a brain is that I figure that one of us need on.. and since I don't it has to be the heli...

Citizen#024

3. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Cheers Radar, I might have to get a set of the original conpass blades
      ill give those settings a go and Report back To you with how it goes!

Thanks once again
      Darcy

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yep and thats one very big difference... being able to mould the gyro to suit your way of flying...I know some of the worlds best swear by the brain... and Lynx has just released their own version..which is a re badged version of the same no doubt...http://www.lynxheli.com/product_info.php?products_id=23789

5. Collie_Farmer

Collie_Farmer Active Member

do you change expo , and roll&flip rates in the tx or ikon advance settings

6. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Radar just maidened my G630 Elevator bouncing in hover throttle around 70% but click into idle 2 (90%) and its sweet WTF is that bro ?

7. Radar

@Collie_Farmer : Expo can be done on one or the other, I used to do it my TX but I had to do it for every flight mode which was a pain in the ass. So now I just do it in the Brain, I only need to enter it in one spot. Roll rates are done in the FBL unit:- Advanced menu, set up 1 2 or 3, Cyclic, Cyclic Rotational Speed. It is done in deg per sec.

@feral : With the cyclic gain you really need different gain settings for different head speeds, higher the head speed higher the gain. You need to use the Set up's which is like bank switching in VBar to achieve this. Also some heli's just don't like a particular head speed and will get the shacks, this unfortunately can not be fixed. One other thing I have found is that really tight blades will make this a lot worse.

Hope I helped guys good luck!

8. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Cheers dude

9. Collie_Farmer

thanks brotha...I geuss I need to order the blue tooth adapter...I just purchased the app

10. Collie_Farmer

as I mentioned before I just switched to ikon from the ar7200bx and first time user of a governor..du to I had a bad cras due to the ar7200 for the 3rd time..so I bought ikon and went ahead and bought the booster kit for my align 600 pro dfc..I always ran flat curves... I went out and try to start tunning the ikon ..hovered 3 packs .. did circuits with 2 packs and went to do some light 3d on last pack .. towads the end of pack I went to do a large loop and the rpms did a quick drop 2300 rpm to 1800 ..it spiked down for about a second then sped back up..i am using the castle gov and checked the data logging and showed no drop of power or signal..do you think this was a gov gain issue ..I wasn't doing anything that collective management would have coused a normal blade bog

11. Collie_Farmer

so I finaly got into the advanced setting today..I AM LOVING THE IKON!!!! you can tune every aspect of the system.... I got my self level set up tits on the bench... here is the vid I watched to do it if anyone is interested

12. Collie_Farmer

One thing to consider when choosing head speed and pitch that no one ever thinks about is your elevation..we are about 6,000 fetters above sea lol here so we always have to add hs..when someone recommend 2,100 we go 2300 to 2,400...effects piycj also and especially our again...when we go to a funfly at a lower elevation we have to re set our helis ..man they fly so much better at a lower elv ..most recommended setting are or about sea lol...just something to keep in mind

13. Collie_Farmer

so I put a oversized motor on and running governor..i am new to ikon and this motor..when I hit idle up or do pitch pumps my tail kicks to the right ..I did the normal gain fly til u get wag and back off 5 points..some one told me this tail kick to the righ can be fixed if I lower gain another 15 points dur to the new oversized motor and torqe the fbl unit is to sensitive .. can any one tell me if this is true

14. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Turn on and/or increase the level of pitch compensation in the advanced menus

Citizen#024

15. Collie_Farmer

wouldn't I want to turn it down ...it seems it is over compensating if the tail kicks to the right

16. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Clock wise blade rotation? If so the torque would push the tail counter clock wise... which would move the trail to the right... right?

Citizen#024

17. Radar

Yes you want to turn it down. Q? what gov are you using?

18. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Sorry RADAR I'm back on your thread. This time I want to point out
      the obvious and it's "Ms Brain ASK RADAR" not Manyc. Cheers Bro lol

19. Collie_Farmer

I am using the catle gov.but just ordered the rpm sensor to hook up the ikon gov..keep hearing its one of the best govs out there

20. Radar

Yes the CC gov will kick the tail, doesn't matter what you do it will kick. To make it better you need to run the gain really low around 9-12 only draw back is it will over speed a lot.