Msh Brain Ask Radar?

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

By Radar on Mar 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guys, if anyone has any questions about the Brain I am happy to help. I have been using now for awhile and have gotten rid of all my VBars and loving the Brain.

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

1. z0m8i3

z0m8i3 New Member

What?

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

sorry @z0m8i3 @Manyc is really good with the brain as well and he is on this forum quite a bit. So by me using the @ symbol next to his username, it alertss him so he will most likely respond to this thread. Radar has been very busy lately. I wilsh i could help but you but im more of a beastx and futaba cgy750 user...

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

There are two ways to do it.. the brain uses a traditional pid loop... so when you up it till it wags in a hover.. then drop it by a third..

From there you start tuning the I gain...

The other way the gets close is what people call the standard way... keep upping the gain till it wags in far forward flight... drop it a few points till it stops... then if you can use some maneuvers that are hard on the tail.. aileron loops or funnels etc...

I have done it both ways and both work.. for the I gain.. increase till you get a slight wag on a slow climb.. then reduce till it stops... then do fast forward flight and if you get any vibrations reduce the I gain.. or do some funnels etc and reduce if needed...

Make sure you do all this via bank switching so you have a safe back to go back to in case something goes wrong...

If your in Melbourne come down to mrchc one day and I can help you out...

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Btw if you do have a tail wag now.. Make sure the tail is mechanically right... ie disconnect the push rod and make sure it's smooth as butter....

5. z0m8i3

z0m8i3 New Member

Thank you so much for an excellent explanation Manyc!, this has really been confusing me but the penny seems to have dropped now, so much to learn on the iKon its hard to know where to start :) . I take it you are also on Archeli, I thought I recognised the name lol. Cheers mate :)

6. z0m8i3

z0m8i3 New Member

Thanks Smakmeharder, I'm new to the forum so I was wondering what the @ was all about lol

7. Ozzieheli1

Ozzieheli1 Active Member

Hi Radar ..
      how do I tame the cyclic shakes on my 550

head speed 2400

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

My standard response would be cyclic gain.. in the basic wizard second last tab.. drop it a point or two.. also check your head for warn dampers and bearings...

9. Ozzieheli1

Ozzieheli1 Active Member

will try that . heli has only 5 flights

10. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

New version of the trex 550? Which wizard setting did you choose?

11. Ozzieheli1

Ozzieheli1 Active Member

nah started as a clone now got align non dfc fbl head align servo 620's on cyclic align tail v2 talon 90 bec pro ikon via 2 sats

12. vara347

vara347 New Member

Hi , I've had a total of 4 Ikon2 units and have had the sensor error "154 Vertical Sensor out of range" on 2 of them. This affects the accellerometers and makes rescue and self level unusable and hazardous. Only fix is return the unit.
      I'm wondering if this occurs very often or if I have been unlucky 50% of the time. I'm at a crossroads as to whether or not I can continue to trust Ikon2. I bought 3 so I could update and standardize my fleet. The first time it occurred I was advised to send it back, so I did and got a refund. Bought another, the replacement came from a completely different supplier and country.

First a bit about me I'm experienced in FBL systems and model building, I have successfully set up a Bavarian Demon 3sx with a reliable rescue on 2 heli's. I have used V-bar, Ace GT5.1, Beastx etc. I enjoy the set up and take my time and read all info panels and manuals, forums etc. I'm a Industrial Electrician and have worked a few years in service too. So I blamed myself first and checked what I had done methodically before blaming the unit.
      Flying wise I'm nothing special, basic big air and a bit of inverted figure 8's. I don't get a lot of time to fly with 3 kids but I spend a lot of time tuning and building late at night. I was advised to make sure I completed all steps properly and in order which I did and confirmed.
      I've doubled checked my set up on the Ikon2 and I'm very confident it's not a setting, all servos in the correct port and swash selections confirmed. I also have the 2 units without sensor errors flying beautifully with a perfect functioning rescue. This is the reason I'm unsure how to proceed. I love it on 2 heli's and every practice rescue is smooth. Ikon2 is my preferred unit to roll out as it has the best software and is feature packed for its price, as well as flies as good as or better than anything else.

The first unit let me know it was faulty by going from a up right stable hover to flipping inverted and climbing. A bit of a wow did that really happen moment but free of drama as I was up high. Tried it twice and it happened both times. At home plugged into PC and vertical sensor 154 error had filled the log. Happens even on bench test from there. So it went back. Heli logs also confirmed no vibrations 10 to 20% at the very most and only a few of them over the flights.
      Faulty unit number 2 no faults during set up so I planned to fly a few batteries then check vibe logs before enabling rescue. 2 batteries flew nicely. Plugged in battery 3 and I got 12 swash pumps so back home for diagnostics. The log showed nothing but sensor 154 errors. No crashes on these helicopters or units. As this error occurs even on the bench without motor running etc I think I'm right in concluding Vibration and set up are out of the equation.

In a nut shell I like Ikon2 features and price so I want to use them, I can't afford multiple Demon Axon units but I completely trust Demon accellerometers in regards to rescue. So am I a unlucky case with Ikon2 or do I need to look elsewhere for a reliable rescue.

I don't want to bag out the manufacturer as my research pointed to it being the best, I just hope the indicators point to a rare fixable event so I can be reassured to trust the 2 remaining and continue to purchase more.

Thanks for any input you can provide me

13. vara347

vara347 New Member

@smakmeharder @Radar @Manyc . Sorry If I'm reviving a old thread. Your names seem to come up a bit in regards to helpful and technical answers