Notice Nano Cpx Brushless Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HeliGods, Oct 16, 2014.

By HeliGods on Oct 16, 2014 at 12:12 AM
  1. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Blade Nano CPX has proven itself to be a hit in the backyard for lots of pilots. Blade has brought you an upgrade that’s 20% more power in under 10 mins. This brushless replacement will give the extra power you are looking for and also extends the life of your main motor. No soldering involved, all connectors are pre-installed. Recommended to use the 45C lipo upgrade for this system.

Features

• Provides 20% more power.
    • Installs in less than 10 minutes.
    • Plug and play.
    • Durable and longer lifespan.
    • 14800Kv, 8mm brushless motor.

For more information on this product click here.

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HeliGods, Oct 16, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

For those with a nano...... well you never know. It looks very similar to the tail motor of a mcpxbl....

2. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Tail struggles to hold in some manoeuvres now, how will it cope with this new motor?

3. smakmeharder

4. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    5. smakmeharder

Wow the 180 cfx looks pretty impressive!

6. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Ok installed the Nano brushless conversion on the weekend. Turned my powerless always bogging nano into a smak machine. It'd now a nano on crack. It sooo improves the handling. No more brushed motor changeovers required. Should have done this year's ago.

Stuart
      Citizen #507

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    7. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I agree. I like how the BL motor performs, which brings me to the question: @Stuart , how does your Nano react to LVC? Does it soft-land like it's programmed to do, or are you seeing the "stop and drop" problem when your packs get low?
      As for the tail: make sure you have a fresh tail motor installed or verify that you are running a good one at the least. Having done so myself, I see no loss of tail lock until I'm close to LVC, even using my 95mm and 100mm Lynx blades.

8. smakmeharder

You know its interesting @Beaver, i sometimes found the stop and drop was due to a faulty servo drawing excessive power. check your servos after a flight. See of one of them is extra hot...It was either that or the battery leads as i have mentioned before. Of course the board could be faulty as well....

9. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I see your point @smakmeharder , however, I was not having the "stop and drop" problem before I installed the BL kit. I plan to hardwire my original Rx board and ESC with heavier guage wire and battery plug and keep the new parts as spares if that mod works. I should receive a replacement board in the mail any day now. HH found the first replacement defective. Once I have the new board, I will find out whether or not my original board is faulty by process of elimination. I can't complain much, HH has gone above and beyond where service is concerned. I wish they hadn't discontinued the Nano. I feel like I should start hoarding parts now.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

By my calculations, I can use 22gage solid copper wire from Esc to Rx board to battery with a small amount of flexible wire at battery and get only a 2% voltage drop @ 3.0 volts and 5A based on 15cm length of wire total circuit length.

11. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Piro is not one of the Nano's strong points, but after some of the minor mechanical mods I've done, it is possible to get 1 or 2 turns out of it before it starts drifting about. (flat hover) One of my goals with the thing has been to make it able to spot hover and be able to hold position for at least 10 seconds without touching cyclic. I've had good results so far.

12. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

After my evaluation, I recommend the Microheli 1s 200mAh 35c packs (HH part# MHE2001S35). They seem to work better than the Lectron Pro 180mAh packs I have been using, not that the LP packs are bad. An aluminum swash plate is a good upgrade, I'm using a Microheli (HH#) MHENCPX112X red swashplate with add-on rear-mounted AR guide. I killed a relatively new stock plastic swash plate shortly after installing the BL kit (from the extra torque maybe?). Lynx aluminum grips are a plus. I'm using red LX0415 grips, I managed to break a ball-link off of one of the original plastic grips and decided to eliminate that problem as well. I'm hung-up on the stretch mod, the Lynx 95mm blades work well. I made my own stretched tail boom for 100mm blades, but Lynx has solid CF stretch tail booms for use with the 95mm blades. I don't recommend my 100mm mCPx blade mod (cut down from 115mm) as the mod procedure at the blade root is a bit tricky, and the motor bogs under hard climb-outs. My next purchase will be a red Lynx Ultra Main Hub/Gear as if I read correctly, it has a one-way bearing in it. What can I say? After installing the BL kit, I didn't have to worry about killing brushed motors, so I started flying a bit harder and consequentially started breaking things that weren't breaking before.... even despite the Drop-out problem I had that is now cured by means of a new Rx board.

13. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

@Beaver, I had tail issues when first installed. Blowing out all over the joint. LVC seems fine. I hear the battery dying occasionally and it falls fast but still with some power. Usually I've landed before I hit LVC. I only fly my packs for 2:30, so don't usually hit LVC.

I installed a cut down MCPX tail and that solved my blow out issues. Other than that it's stock everything else.

Im now able to do a whole lot more with it. Funnels, toc-tocs, rainbows, loops etc.

14. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Are you using 150mAh packs? I bet you could run 200mAh hard up to 3 1/2 or 4 min and still be well ahead of reaching LVC.

15. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Here's a helpful little tidbit: make sure the ESC is locked onto the mainboard. My Nano kissed a card oard box yesterday and jarred the ESC loose and it pulled the 3wire motor connector loose. It took me a few seconds to figure out why I was not getting power-up tones when I started a fresh pack. Maybe use a light plastic zip-tie around the ESC and mainboard? Note that the ESC uses the motor as a "speaker" to generate the start-up tones. If you should not hear the tones, chances are your motor won't spin-up either. Just f.y.I.

16. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Yeah I had the same issue. I just dabbed some super glue n the connection... Lol..
      Will definitely try the bigger batteries...

17. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

MCPx tail: does that use same size motor? Is the boom solid or hollow? Is boom same diameter? I considered trying one of those, but figured motor might be set up for 2s (7.4v) instead of 1s (3.7v)

18. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

All good questions. I didn't check any of that... Lol.. Just put it in a different flew it does need to be cut down as the default is just too long for the stock nano. I believe that the boom is solid. The motor looks similar to the nanos, it may well be the same.

Stuart
      Citizen #507

19. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Do you like my little feature (LVC) that I have added to the main board of your micro @Beaver? Being such an astute problem solver I thought I should throw you some challenges to deal with. muah ha ha ha...