Need Help Msh Brain

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by iggy, Nov 27, 2015.

By iggy on Nov 27, 2015 at 9:31 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi there

I have a question about the mounting direction I choosed in the software of the brain. The unit is mounted top up/wires front. Here we go:

With the BK cyclic servos I had to choose top up/wires front and the gyro worked correctly. Sounds good.

Now with the Align cyclics I have to choose top up wires BACK to make the gyro work in the right directions. Everything seems to correct in the right way when use this "wrong programming method" even the auto correction.

Is this something that could cost me a crash for any reason? - I dont think so.. Any experiences like that here?

Iggy

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by iggy, Nov 27, 2015.

1. WoodyB

WoodyB New Member

This sounds odd to me. I have ikons on all my models now and have found that the standard wizard setup works fine. I did have a recent prob with a second hand unit and had to restore back to factory defaults then setup went as normal. Maybe you could try this since you have changed servos. Personally I don't like the idea of having to trick the unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    2. Adam

Adam New Member

If everything is ok as seen in the transmitter page, set the unit orientation you prefer.Double check the servos are correctly plugged in to respective ports and keep pressing the servo direction tab and see how that goes.When I first started using Brain/Ikon I had two servo plugs reversed and had a similar issue until I realised where I'd gone wrong.If this still fails try a reset( as mentioned above ) and start a fresh set up. You'll probably find it's a simple fix.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ok.. This is wrong.. If for some reason you are setting the wrong orientation you are in trouble..

Go back and make sure all the cyclics are plugged in the correct spots.. Also in the servo setup screen make sure when you hit up on the trim on all servos the servo goes up.. Keep hitting the reverse button till no matter which servo your trim it goes up for up.. This is important...

One again.. If you are selecting the wrong orientation to make it work go back and re do your setup

4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Exactly thats the problem - the trims are reversed! Servos 1&3 are going down when I hit the plus tab! What to do to solve this?

5. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

There is a reverse button.. Keep pressing it till they all go the right way there are twelve different combinations
      The reverse button in the basic menu just cycles through them

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

But check every servo every time.. There will be one combination that works for you

• Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 1
      • List
    7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Done. Works now. Even the programmed pitch still the same. I dont know how I came trough with this "trick" but it worked...

Thanks to everybody!

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

the Brain is a very good unit.. it has a bit of a learning curve with the advanced settings.. leave it stock and it will fly pretty good... it is one of the few that give you direct access to the PID gains... enjoy..

9. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

I decided to go with the brain cuz I heard only good things about it and its really popular.

Now I have figured out what I had done wrong with the mounting direction/swash setup. As I was skipping the settings for the swash I was just looking for a correct movement (up and down) of all three servos and then reversed the pitch channel in my tx to make it move up when the stick goes up. - That caused the gyro issue and I had to choose the other mounting direction. It seems that it would have worked correctly that way (Who want to try that out? :) ). But now its correct 100% and thats what we want. No experiments here please. LoL

For the beginning I'll try the stock settings of the brain. That should be fine.

I dont think that I would buy a used heli again.. This Goblin is like new but I had more trouble than building one by my own. New heli, new fbl unit - that was to much information at once and I made some mistakes.

Its finally done. Checked everything 10 times or so.. The weather on sunday looks good to check this baby out.

10. Canberra

Canberra New Member

I am interested in your project but want to know some more hardware details.
      Can you please share all of the specifications of the your hardware components?
      Also what problem you are facing in your software?
      Please share some details about your firmware also.

11. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

The problem is solved. I had to push further on the servo reverse button to make the swash move correctly. And not reverse the pitch channel in the transmitter.

Anyway my setup:

Brain
      Align BL815h HV for cyclic
      BK 7005 HV for tail
      Kontronik 100+ LV ESC
      XNova 1120 KV
      CC Bec Pro

The Software is updated to the new Version.

Kind regards,