Off Topic Never Pay Council Rates Again (au)

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by smakmeharder, Sep 6, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Sep 6, 2015 at 12:39 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Comments

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by smakmeharder, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Ozzieheli1

Ozzieheli1 Active Member

interesting read

2. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Depending where you live, this can easily add up to a helicopter kit every year.

3. smakmeharder

Very True @HungryHungryHippos! In my case its $2000.00 - I cant see the value at that price. It seems like a hidden tax to me. Our council built an overpass 13 years ago over the frankston freeway. They since have built another overpass 100 meters further down coming from and going to the same origin/destination. WTF? Not to mention at least 4 different revisions of speed humps and chicanes - ie the speed humps were very high - they demolished and made them lower - then pulled some out and put in chicanes - then made the lower speed humps higher. Now my street cant be the only street experiencing this unnecessary expenditure..

4. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Private companies build our roads, yes "our roads", council has nothing to do with it. Again if you look deeper we own these roads, parking fees, on going tolls are illegal. Don't pay your rates what are they going to do? Not collect your rubbish? That's cool with me. The reality is that you need people power to make a change otherwise its just another topic to chat about at the field :)

5. smakmeharder

Okay.... I got the lowdown for frankston city council.

Most things listed here in the attachment are FLUFFY and non-committal. It really does appear to be a bit of a nonsense job. Gvts could easily just hire bin management companies. As for the parks etc there could be one body for victoria to handle it all. Why do we need so many people doing things that don't appear to be measurable or of significant benefit?

I just looked up how many houses in frankston., There are 60,000 (approx) who pay rates.

That means that 120 MILLION DOLLLARS per year goes into the Frankston rates collection. Does it take 120 million dollars to collect garbage? wow thats alot of money right there.

Attached Files:

6. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

Thats insane. How do they get away with it? Where does all the excess money go, surely into tax and not to pay the wages of the bureaucrats.

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Who of us will be the first to poke their finger at the funnel web? - I await with interest and popcorn. I'm hoping it is true, there's a new heli every year right there without touching the funds.
      Simon

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Haha.. First of all hope you own your house with no mortgage.. As it says chances are it's in your bank contact... Second I have a mate who is all into how the government is ripping is off.. And even he says it's a crock...

Good luck and let me know.. And only $2k for rates? I need to move