New Helicopter Shape S8

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Jan 21, 2015.

By The Informer on Jan 21, 2015 at 5:46 PM
  1. The Informer

The Informer Administrator

Unboxing of the new Shape S8! (Note the dialog is in german). The first thing I noticed was the minimal the design - it is a true 800 class heli though. They have tried to really keep the weight down but make no mistake about it.. it is a BIG machine. From the videos i have seen, it is also quite nimble as well. You can see some photos of it here....http://www.shape-heli.com/

BIGshape-hauben_03.jpg.jpg

In the video below, I dont think the pilot was really pushing the limits (didnt want to crash?) but you can see the potential. It could be a true 800 class smak machine!

About the Shape S8
    The Shape S8 is a real 800 electric helicopter and a pioneer in this young branch of the model helicopter.
    With a rotor diameter of 1795mm, the helicopter has a massive appearance and makes everything else look small. It was developed in order to make any compromises in terms of stability and agility despite the enormous size must. This is reflected for example in the extremely massive main gear and a freewheel with 20mm diameter resist. Performance limits are not currently known. The helicopter is superior to all conventional drive systems in this class. Also very light and energy saving setups from 6 kg takeoff weight can be realized thanks to the thoughtful design. Thus, the heli for each claim is appropriate; by Feierabend flyer through to 3D competition pilots.”

Special features of the Shape S8 are:

• oval massive tail pipe in drop form with internal Heckanlenkung
    • Push-pull control the discharge of the swash plate servos due to the extremely high actuating forces
    • 140 ° swashplate system for precise control (optional as 120 ° version available)
    • All aluminum parts anodized, for the brightest, durability and a premium look.
    • Carbon parts from high quality solid material
    • Pinion with integrated counter bearing pin, thus motors with short shaft can be used (max. 32mm motor shaft length)
    • Easy installation and serviceability of the engine by means of three screws from the top
    • hood airbrush design available in many color combinations. And much more … CHEERS!
    For more information about the Shape S8 , visit : http://shape-heli.com/

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Very intriguing setup. Despite rear-mount motor, reminds me more of a BMW than a Porsche. Gotta love Bavarian engineering! Please don't tell me this is made in China!

2. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Looking closer at parts it seems I was wrong:

[​IMG]

It is pretty close to "monoblock" design idea.

3. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Some Germans fly Chinese helis ;) This is Assault 700 dressed in Align fuselage:

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Alrighty then. I accept the fact that the Asians have cornered the market. No worries. I remember back when the Japanese made all the good stuff, now they even subcontract much of their manufacturing to China and such.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015