Radiolink At9?

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by PJ1977, Nov 14, 2016.

By PJ1977 on Nov 14, 2016 at 5:14 PM
  1. PJ1977

PJ1977 Member

Hello I just purchased a radiolink at9 transmitter it's obviously a 9 channel transmitter with all the bells and whistles as any other high end radio
    But has this cheap flimsy feel to it.
    I was suckered into buying it because
    The ad stated it was Solidly built and had a good feel to it which I can attest it doesn't . The gimbals feel like their sitting on nothing you can actually feel the friction when you move them, the buttons feel hollow and cheap even the metal toggle switches just don't feel right. I spent 125 dollars on shiz when for a few bucks more I could of gotten a Specktrum 6x. It's moments like this I go into uncontrollable rages because it's obviously nobody's fault but my own."Beats head against wall"
    But their is a silver lining to all this.
    This at9 transmitter works beautifully
    Despite feeling cheap it's extremely sensitive especially with the throttle
    The Vr switches are accurate to the
    T, The helicopter and I mean all 5 of them perform absolutely flawlessly and respond without a single glitch even at 1 km which brings me to the range of this transmitter it's awesome and far the ad claims 2 km I have gone 1.5 guessing. So the overall rating on the at9 transmitter is not without mixed feelings. I love it but at the same time I want to trash it because I really want a Specktrum 6x transmitter and everybody knows how nice those are.
    It's an ugly paradox for me right now.

Attached Files:

Comments

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by PJ1977, Nov 14, 2016.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

When evaluating a radio I tend to place a high priority on the feel of the gimbals. The radio must be good quality as well. However if i can comfortably hold, pinch and thumb through every stick postion and not have to stress my hands or fingers in any way then its a good start. Usually range does not matter much with 3d smak but reliability of the signal does and so does gimbal resolution. It must be rock solid every time - it should feel very very comfortable in your hands and the gimbals should feel like butter. Thats my opinion anyway. I use a futaba 14sg and have done for a few years now. Its an expensive radio compared to the at9 but i must note not once has it let me down. I regularly sharpen the gimbal sticks so stick into my thumbs and dont slip off.

Radios can be a personal choice depending on flying style and size of hands etc. If it feels good and works well then enjoy!

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I took a gamble on the FS-TH9x. Yes, I had to hardwire a genuine Spektrum DSM2 module in it, but that was by choice as opposed to using one of those snap-in OrangeRx modules. So far, the TH9x has surpassed my expectations. I only paid around $60 USD for it. Gimbals seem solid and accurate enough, but then I'm not a highly skilled pilot, so my opinion on the matter probably doesn't carry as much weight as would someone with years of experience.