Raptor E550

Discussion in 'Thunder Tiger' started by D1NO, Jan 10, 2015.

By D1NO on Jan 10, 2015 at 10:50 AM
  1. D1NO

D1NO Member

Anyone out there got one of the recent raptor e550s ... Anyone plan on getting the new 3 bladed head version ??
    If you have one .. Let us know what you think :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Thunder Tiger' started by D1NO, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

Yes Dino I have had the E550 for quiet some time now. Perhaps not a smack machine as its designed for a 6s set up and very well priced, At $650 all you need is a battery and receiver to get flying. Although not as popular as other FBL systems the GT5.2 works well once you understand how to set it up. The E550 manual has the basic settings for the GT5.2 and if adhered to flies quiet nicely. I have been tempted to upgrade to the 3 blade head but in reality its far better pricewise to purchase the 3 blade kit that's currently available. I would recommend the E550 to a newbie as it will take them to bronze and almost Gold blade level with minimum expense.

2. Ant

Ant Guest

Hi Fred. Been looking at this for a while. Do you know if the FBL unit come with the parameters pre-installed and if you upgraded to the 3 blade head, is it pretty easy to setup?

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I doubt very much if the parameters would be pre set @Ant. Every single gyro I have used requires a setup procedure and there are recommended settings depending on your flying preference (ie smak, sport or f3c) So its probably best to download the manual which i attached for your reading....and go through it step by step. You will want to adjust to your flying preference and electronic setup regardless. Unless @Fredo can advise otherwise as he has more experience. hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

Hi Ant. The basic parameters are supposed to be set in the FBL unit but I have found on the 4 that I have set up they were set for the smaller mini titan 325. An easy fix as the basic parameters are clearly shown in the manual. AS I said earlier if you intend to go the 3 blade set up buy that particular kit as the individual parts will cost more . Setting up a 3 blade head on this heli is a piece of cake just the measurement are orientated at a different place.(in line with boom)

5. Ant

Ant Guest

Thanks. The reason I asked was that both my JR E6-550 and Sylphide E12 have the TAGS01 FBL. These units were supplied with the parameters pre-loaded. Fred, do you know the cost of the 3 blade kit?

6. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

TTR3943 $250 + blades