Question? Reflective / Hologram Stickers For Blades.

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jan 26, 2016.

By HungryHungryHippos on Jan 26, 2016 at 12:37 AM
  1. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

At my field some people use reflective or hologram stickers on their blades. Its the same type of stuff you see on fishing lures, some of its flat shaped, some of its that prism pattern.

So when they do a flip etc, and the sun shines on the blades, things look nice and pretty.

Besides the various RC helicopter outlets which sell stickers, are there any places to get big pieces of the reflective of hologram stickers?

I am guessing its a good idea to make sure the blades are balanced when someone puts on those stickers?

Comments

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jan 26, 2016.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I use them on my 450. The actual film is really fine and sticks well. I use the hobbyking adhesive foil and cut to shape. It looks great

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I have some that are shaped like flames on a set of 550mm V-Blades that really work well. I did check the balance of the blades after installing them, and they did not change the CG at all. But I did take special care to place them in the exact same place on both blades.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

That's an interesting concept.

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I normally cut the foil into 5cm (2 inch) strips that wrap around the blade. It makes the blades very visible in the air and it does look very eye catching.

5. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Just make sure when apply it you fold it over the leading edge of the blade, so that it is underneath and on top of the blade. Also measure out both blades and try and put the sticker in exactly the same place on both blades.

6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah I have some left from my Align 700. As I sometimes dont see the disc of my 570 I think I should apply them. But they are pretty big. I would like to have just enough to have an effect.