Info Sab Goblin 380 Belt

Discussion in 'SAB' started by smakmeharder, Jun 3, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Jun 3, 2015 at 11:59 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well I dont know for sure but i think i may have had a dodgy belt. When laying the faulty belt on a table, it looks as if one side is "Warped" Ie it lays flat where the rest of the belt is normal. Pay attention to your belts when you assemble them on the goblin 380. I think this is why my belt droped off last weekend.

Comments

Discussion in 'SAB' started by smakmeharder, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

sounds as though part of the nylon cord is broken. This can also happen when a belt manages to override a guide flange.

2. smakmeharder

Another thing about the belt. It needs to be tight - very tight. If not it will start making strange squeaky sounds.

3. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

If it's not squeaking your not flying hard enough lol

4. smakmeharder

Is it the tail belt? or the soul of the poor heli begging for mercy? lol... No really it means something isn't quite right. Before my heli kissed the earth the belt was screaming...

5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

the "warping" is commonly caused by one or more of the nylon cords in the belt breaking, which causes belt to be uneven around its circumference. This also caused a belt to want to twist sideways and ride-up on pulleys and guides which would cause squeaking noises. Excessive friction on the belt compounds the result. Over tightening belt can cause premature breakage, or It may simply be that you just wore it out from smacking the hell out of it.