Servo Mounting

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Lycean, Jan 19, 2015.

By Lycean on Jan 19, 2015 at 9:38 PM
  1. Lycean

Lycean New Member

Ok, so I have an interesting challenge. I thought I'd sit down and spend a few minutes getting a start on this Mini Protos build and at least get the DS-3001HV servos mounted onto the bearing blocks.

However, it appears that the servo mounting holes in the bearing blocks are spaced more narrowly apart than the holes on the servos themselves. I measure the inner distance between the mounting holes on the bearing blocks at 4.20mm, whereas for the servos it's 4.60mm (I've checked both mounting blocks and two of the three servos and the measurements are consistent). Being 0.4mm out they're clearly not going to go on.

Does anyone have any ideas? The most obvious answer of course is that DS-3001HVs don't fit the Mini Protos, so I've sent a message to BK Servo asking about that, but I'm hoping that there's some trick here I don't know about to mount them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by Lycean, Jan 19, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

2. Lycean

Lycean New Member

The plastic ones have the same three hole mounting pattern, and I was wondering about just mounting them with two screws instead of four. I don't know if that's OK?

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So do you mean the two center holes? if its the center holes, it should be ok providing once the bolts are inplace the servo is secure. You will know because if you grab it with your fingers it should not move while applying rotating pressure.

4. Lycean

Lycean New Member

Yes, I was thinking of using the two centre holes. I'll have to assemble it and check that everything is secure.

5. Lycean

Lycean New Member

Put it together with two screws per servo and it seems fine; once it's mounted in the frames it should square up nicely. I also got a reply back from BK Servo about it, they said:

"Using two screws is perfectly fine. In fact, the Goblin 380 for example has 3 holes on each mounting side, Bert uses the middle hole so he also mounts the servos with two screws."

So that's good enough for me :)