Build Info Show Us Your Wiring & Installation Pics

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by mr_squiggle, May 24, 2014.

By mr_squiggle on May 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM
  1. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

Some people slap their gear on a heli & just go fly, others get everything tidy and some people go to a lot of trouble to get their installation very neat & tidy.
    So show us your installation & give us a few words on the dramas you had & the tips & tricks to make things work easier.
    I'll kick it off. Here's my Logo 600SX installation:

Plenty of room to put stuff compared to a 450!

P1010583small.JPG

To get the wiring in beside the servo some material needs to be removed. A set of 4mm bullets added between the BEC & the feed from the battery so the BEC can be removed separately. Earth from the boom goes into the loom & pops back out for the counterbearing mount.

P1010582small.jpg

No easy way to keep wiring tidy on the back unless you're prepared to cut servo leads etc, which I wasn't. Each cable termination is labelled so if/when I need to remove things I know where they go (they all look the same once they're covered.......).

P1010586small.jpg

Receiver tucked in under the back to keep it out of the way. Getting all of the wiring in once it's covered required some juggling, but it was worth it.

P1010587small.jpg

OK, someone else can show us their heli.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by mr_squiggle, May 24, 2014.

1. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Well Mr Squiggle, besides having fond memories of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation show, I can see you have put in some effort into the wiring. People may think that its just a little bit of extra cream on top of the cake, but some other people (including me) think its a direct reflection of your work ethic. Also Mikado and Futaba, clearly Mr Squiggle has got his head screwed on the right way, even Peter Russell Clarke would tell you it wont get any better. I run old mates Mikado vbar software on my Hirobo Lepton EX, and it hovers perfect.

My SDX has been sitting in a box in pieces after a nasty crash for awhile. but I decided to pull my finger out and get it fixed, so recently I have been doing the final setup (its already had a quick hover, and with trimming it flew hands off, but I like to get it perfect), I haven't put in the tubing for the Futaba receiver antennas yet, but will do soon, I also like to put braiding on the servo wires, its not finalized, but I cant wait, here it is.

The one thing I would like to do, but hesitant, is to shorten the servo leads to get rid of the excess wiring at the receiver end and get it perfect.

photo (3).JPG photo (4).JPG

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    2. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Nice guy's I will post some of my Futaba logo 600 when I get down the club in a few hours for you guys
      And a couple of my gobbys.

3. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Ther you go Mr squiggle IMAG0277.jpg IMAG0276.jpg IMAG0278.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Wiring can drive me nuts.. Doing an E700 ATM, Will post up pics when done.. wiring can take me longer than the build.. i have already done it twice, still not happy..

5. mr_squiggle

Nice work HungryHH. Yep, it's a fine line between neat & OCD/over the top. I normally cut any leads & reterminate, but I reckon I'll be changing the swash servos so I left them alone.

Citizen #186

6. mr_squiggle

7. mr_squiggle

Whoops, cocked up the last post.......

Citizen #186

8. mr_squiggle

Come on, give us a teaser......

Citizen #186

9. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

u
      It's actually a buffer pack I'm using the bec from the jive 120 and that is a 4.8v ni-mh pack. I just plug it into the tx
      after the heli is powered it up. All my other helis I use a quazar bec with a scorpion back up guard. The best thing
      about this set up is you don't have to charge it it gets topped up with the bec from the speedy I didn't even charge it
      when I bought it. When the heli is all powered up and ready to go if you unplug the flight pack the CGY750 stays on
      running the servos so you can land.

10. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Mate his wiring is sick I gave him a hand on Friday that was 2 days ago man.
      Yeah I'm with Squigs WTF is Goin on we want pics we want pics.

11. mr_squiggle

2 days ago? Come on Dude time to cough up some info.

Citizen #186