Question? So What Helicopter Is Your All Time Favorite

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Sep 1, 2016.

By smakmeharder on Sep 1, 2016 at 12:51 AM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

What is your all time favorite helicopter and why... what heli made you pay attention and say WOW.....
    Just curios.....

For me it was the miniprotos first followed by the goblin 380.....

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Sep 1, 2016.

1. chucka103

chucka103 New Member

For me it was the Gaui X7
      After buying and flying nitro/electric Trex/synergy/custom heli parts/Avant/goblin/outrage and so on the X7 just feels easy to fly :)

How ever I do have my eye on the new logo 700.........:)

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Hands down.....my NX7. I love that helicopter! It has a very big presence in the air, and very easy to keep track of orientation. It flies smooth and stable, and I feel more connected to it than I have with any other helicopter I have owned so far. It`s built like a tank, but it`s not heavy like one. With the YS96 SRX engine, it has amazing power/weight ratio... with power to spare. It is definitely my go helicopter.

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I'm a few years behind in model years. By default, I have to say Mini Protos even if I haven't had it in the air yet..... the thing just oozes with quality. :D

4. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Everything Protos puts out is quality. I have built two Protos machines so far, a Max V2, and a 380. I have to say I was impressed with the fit, finish and quality of the kit. Not to mention they fly great too.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    5. smakmeharder

Yes i have to agree, MSH do things in style and focus on quality. Their designs are well thought out and they do fly well.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    6. hawko

hawko Member

380 goblin for me I like the full body fuse, the quality and got all most 20 hours on my g380 and it still flies as tight as it did on its first flight I like the weight of it handles a good wind. Not as intimidating as a bigger model but can do anything a big model can do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. William

William Active Member

The Hughes 500D, I always loved the looks of the 500, and I had a chance to fly one about ten years ago, being an amateur rotor wing pilot, about 20 hours in various bell 47s, the Hughes was a dream come true to fly!I felt like TC from Magnum PI

Oh wait you mean an RC heli... LOGO 6003D there are many like it... but this one is mine!

[​IMG]

8. smakmeharder

So you actually flew real helicopters @William? Were they sensitive to stick movements? A couple of heli pilots i have spoken to said you have to be very careful of collective management and rotor wash. The power is nothing like a model heli I am told.

9. William

William Active Member

Yes, but only as a student, a company I worked as a fixed wing instructor had a heli department. They started with a Bell 47, then they got a second one, later still they added a turbine power version. The bell is the MASH type Korean era machine. One had hydraulic boost, the other did not, the turbine did. After 8500 hours in fixed wing, I thought helicopters would be easy, absolutely not easy! Very touchy, very marginal on power, and tail rotor effectiveness. The owner was friends with all the local helicopter guys, so one day he told me go across the field and meet up with Cal, funny enough an Aussy, and he took me for a lesson in the Hughes, now called a MD500! We blasted around the practice area, and the hover area for an hour, he told me he would solo me in it if I wanted... I said no thanks, the motor alone is 100K USD

10. Richard Knapp

Richard Knapp Active Member

For me at this time.

OXY 3 . It can be set it up many ways and it performs great in every way. Fly's like a bigger heli and cheep to fix after my crashes.

I know the 2 and 4 are coming (got a bata 4 stretch). Best choice may change.

But I so love my OXY's. I do not say it just because I am with them. I'm with them because I love the heli's, parts and Luca's passion.

11. Suthakaran

Suthakaran New Member

I have owned 5 diff 700s just this year.. Compass, KDS 7.2, Gaui X7, Protos Max V2, and Goblin 700C..

The X7 is hands down the best heli for 3D, like someone said above it just moves around much easier.. something about the CG being right near the head...

Too bad they don't have the active support that Protos and Goblin offers :(