Build Thread Synergy E7se On The Cheap

Discussion in 'Synergy' started by Manyc, Feb 12, 2015.

By Manyc on Feb 12, 2015 at 3:08 PM
  1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ok.. so I have caved to a great deal at ARK (http://arkrc.com.au/999-601-synergy-e7se-fbl-kit/) and bought a Synergy E7SE (thanks @BladeBandit) ... to keep costs down I am using all the electronics from the Trex 700 DFC...

So components
    Motor = Xnova 4530-525kv
    Cyclics = Align BL700H
    Tail = Futaba BL256
    FBL = MSH Brain
    ESC = Castle 160HV with Fan
    RX = Futaba 7008
    Packs = Gensace 5000 6s x 2
    Gov = MSH Brain
    BEC = Gryphon Quasar 75V
    Main Blades = Rail 696
    Tail Blades = Rail 106
    Target HS = 2000

First thing to note is that this kit does not come with any Main blades or tail blades, so keep this in mind when picking up the kit... This makes it on the higher side for kit costs, nearly on par with the Goblin Comp, but keep in mind you tend to get what you pay for, and higher quality kits will carry a higher price. Also I prefer Rail or Halo to SAB main blades, and all my heli's run Rail tails... so this ends up being a benefit for me.

Also not.. That it is possible to change the tail ratio with one gear, which is pretty awesome... so you need to pick the gears based on your target HS. From the manual

Recommended Tail Ratio -
    4.5:1 - Headspeed above 2000
    4.9:1 - Headspeed below 1950
    Recommended Tail Blades -
    4.5:1 - Rail 106-116mm
    4.9:1 - Rail 96-106mm

Keep and eye on this space.. I will start posting pics soon...

Observations....
    Pros:
    * Parts/carbon are high quality.
    * Flexibility in design and little thought full touches ie slotted 3rd bearing support to help get the frame straight
    * Components pre-assembled, removes confusion on how it goes together.
    * Kit is a relatively easy build.

Cons:
    * Manual assumes a level of knowledge... its basically just images, no numbered bags etc...
    * compared to other kits the packaging is lack luster, but its just a small thing.
    * Recommends "boom pinch" very strongly, but you have to make your own holes..
    * No included blades.
    * No included Blade Holder
    * No battery Tray

Mods:
    * put on the N7 front mounts, with approve 4mm spacers and the canopy goes on much nicer...

Thoughts on the heli
    - Ok I have flown it for a while now.. and I can say its a very nice heli to fly... handles wind nicely and with the rail blades just seems to track... it feels like a very deliberate heli, it goes where you tell it. Yes that also comes into play with how you setup your FBL, but it feels very different to the TREX I had all this on previously.. The tail at the higher ratio is awesome.. it does not miss a beat, I did a speed run backwards into 50km winds and pulled a power loop, and the tail held.. cant ask for more than that...

This heli is not the cheapest, but goes together well, and from my personal experience flys well. The hold up in the past has been local parts supply, but it seems that Arkrc are now keeping up with the parts.. with that I would not hesitate to recommend this heli. For someone who has never built a heli, it will be daunting.. but once going appears to be rock solid.

hope this has helped someone out there.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Synergy' started by Manyc, Feb 12, 2015.

1. BladeBandit

BladeBandit Active Member

You have a great fleet happening mate. The goblins you have are prime. Now the synergy.... not to mention you have a mini p. Oh and also the oxy i nearly forgot. You are doing it right! I cannot wait for the build thread and more to the point the heli in the air! Grats man.

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Hello. My name is @Manyc. And I am a rc helicopter addict! AWESOME!

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I know you will like it, they are a good heli - just rebuilt my E7
      Simon

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

hahah what can I say... the Trex is at the sell it or keep it forever point in its life... and I have the max number of heli's im allowed to have.. so after selling the trex it was only $200 for the kit... so i no complain...

update on components... After an argument with the 800MX, I am now putting in another motor... say hello to my little friend...

[​IMG]

5. smakmeharder

What a weapon!!!

1341246227_1341246227_scarface_remake-ff.jpg

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Alright... after a little visit to the candy store (ie ark) I have picked up my new toy... thanks to @Nate Gaze and @BladeBandit for the hookup, and the few little tips.. Anyway here is the bad boy... With the weather so bad what is a guy to do.... ;)

e7se_box_small.jpg

7. smakmeharder

You are the cause of the bad weather @Manyc. Its a well known fact - New helicopter = bad weather. @Storm Heligod cannot be fooled. She knows if you are going to buy the helicopter in advance. Now the weekend will be dammed. Even if the weather forecast says it is going to be good weather - it wont.

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Haha isn't it the maiden of a new heli?

9. smakmeharder

It seems like just the scent of a new heli causes it! But your right, when the maiden is due it always happens..

10. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Anyway it's Valentine's day tomorrow.. Storm is just helping out all us who are in a relationship... This way there is no conflict... Thanks storm

11. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

nice one mate I think you need a Mikado heli next you must have one of every brand lol

12. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Would have to get rid of one of the goblins for that.. But I'm still loving them to bits...

13. bjay415

bjay415 Well-Known Member

Nice one mate , and it looks like the perfect weather for building . So it should be ready to test next weekend.

14. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I'm booked out today.. But you know what I might try... Pics soonish...

15. BladeBandit

@Manyc maybe you could please the mrs first then play with your new toy! Win/win

16. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Hahah.. took care of that last night.. if you know what I mean... I cooked dinner... :p

17. BladeBandit

Fair enough. I cook ok but erin prefers when I eat out ;)

18. Storm Heligod

Storm Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Oh yes @smakmeharder. I just love to put a hold on the maiden flight of a brand new helicopter. There is nothing like sending a good hard rain, to drown one`s hopes of seeing their newly built masterpiece go up into the air. The looks on their faces is just priceless, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

xoxo Storm

19. smakmeharder

Ha ha ha... I knew it! SEE its a taunt! you buy a new helicopter, are teased during the build and just when your about to go for the test fly, @Storm Heligod puts on a show! And then sits back and watches the reaction..... lol.. priceless!