Tail Gyro Hunting In Nose Dive Post Stall Turn

Discussion in 'Futaba CGY750 FBL System' started by Stuart, Aug 14, 2014.

By Stuart on Aug 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  1. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Attempting to tune out a tail issue. Have a CGY750 on my TREX 500. I now have it flying really smooth and to my liking except one issue.

In a nose dive post a series of fast piros as part of a stall turn the tail does a number of left right kicks stopping as I flatten out.

It does not do it if I just do a slow single piro, only after full rudder multi piros.

I have turned the gyro back a couple of clicks, it still did it. I suppose I could keep turning the gyro down but I'm thinking there may be another parameter I could adjust.

Any ideas?

Comments

Discussion in 'Futaba CGY750 FBL System' started by Stuart, Aug 14, 2014.

1. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

Do the left right kicks get smaller each time before stopping?

Citizen #186

2. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

yes i think they do

3. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Solved, thanks to the guys at AFF today. Adjusted the tail gain to no effect. Then upped the CNT.Dout from 10 to 14.

This parameter sets the delay when the stick is returned back to the neutral position. This pa-rameter is useful to tune how aggressively the tail rotor stops following a pirouette. The higher the value, the softer the stop.

4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

well done stuart the 500 looked like it was in a happy place at the end of the day
      what a awesome day at AFF it was like summer is back for the day and no wind

5. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Yeah it was a great couple of hours in the sun.., wished I'd got there earlier...