Video Talking Demon - What Is The Bavariandemon 3sx

Discussion in 'Bavarian DEMON / HeliCommand' started by The Dude, Mar 20, 2014.

By The Dude on Mar 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM
  1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Check it out..

Comments

Discussion in 'Bavarian DEMON / HeliCommand' started by The Dude, Mar 20, 2014.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I run one on a nitro G4, they are good. I'll post screen dumps of my config files later.

Cheers Simon

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Ta ...

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Speaking of the bavarian 3sx, I have discovered they don't play well with some servos. I had a Savox HV tail servo which lasted about 20 flights before curling up it's toes. Before it did that, it was doing sttange hunting behavior intermittently, like I had the gain turned up to high. I run an unregulated 2S (8.4 v), I'd think if I went savox again I'd go regulated at 7.4v or something like that. I replaced it with a outrage 9188, and have had no troubles yet (I'm only two flights in with the new servo). I run MKS on the cyclic and have had no issues with that.

I'll post up some shots of the config tonight, then hopefully get some video of the bailout and horizon modes on the WE. I'll post all I have of making it work with JR 11x on DSM2, including radio programs. There are a few gotchas in that as well.
      Anyway, till later, Simon

If anyone has any questions about the BD 3SX, drop us a post (and a like)
      Cheers

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes please i am interested in this gyro.... but running un regulated servos? would that not be the reason for the servo failure?

5. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Yes, smackmeharder, I think that was the reason (unregulated power) for the erratic behavior, I have 3 700's one is running a AR7200bx, one a Vbar, and one a BD 3SX, all of them are running unregulated 2S lipos (8.4v). they all have now either MKS or Outrage servos, no dramas. I have about 150 flights on a goblin with MKS, and it flies like it's brand new. I think the servo choice makes a big difference. There is a fair bit on helifreak about servo choice and erratic behavior, worth a read. I'll post links to the conversations as I find them.

Just getting all the batteries pumped and fuel ready for a big day tomorrow, hoipe the weather gods smile on me.
      I'll post the BD set up pics as soon as I get to it. Hopefully get some recovery video this WE as well , horizon, piro rates. Then you can judge the effect of the settings on the heli.

Cheers til then

Simon

ps auto correct on helifreak is 'freakish' LOL

6. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Bah another one of those auto stabilization systems.....and promoted by one of my old friends for goodness sakes...

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Yes, you have put me in on numerous occasions, I'm promoting this is as an "Amti Crash God Device...", I've had enough, (and I'm shiz at fixing helis that go in) - give me a small break...
      Simon