Team Or No-team..i Just Resigned

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Collie_Farmer, Apr 4, 2014.

By Collie_Farmer on Apr 4, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  1. Collie_Farmer

Collie_Farmer Active Member

I have been on a team for almost 2 years now and just resigned after feeling like I have been taking advantage of. this year he issued new requirements that where all 1 sided in his benefit. 1st rule was you have to attend 2 fun flies a year , which cost me a average of a $1,ooo each funfly .. 2nd rule was you have to bring in new 5 new costumers a year , which is fine I average a new costumer every month .. then he wants us to pull 10-30,00 in sales...ok so I understand its business.. but then he dropped our team discount to 5 % off... its almost a standard in the hobby for 10% off your purchase on almost every heli website without being on there team...so last year I went to 1 funfly that cost me $900 and I utilized $60.00 in team savings ( so I paid $840 to be on the team ) that was ok due to it felt good to be on a team and I had promises of moving to 25% off this year and will work my way to getting some products at cost to help promote things we sell.. instead we where dropped down to 5% team discount . and I need to pay 2,000 out my pocket to attend 2 funflys , and to make him 10,000 at least in sales...this seems 1 sided to help him.. so I decided I will no longer pay to be on the team and have to deal with all the stress

it feels very liberating to no longer be on a team...it was taking all the fun out of flying and making it more like a job I was starting to resent

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Collie_Farmer, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Wow! That sounds like a bad deal for sure, and I don`t blame you one bit for walking away.

2. Collie_Farmer

yeah I will never join another team again.. I started flying to have fun and a escape..alot of stress comes along with bbeing on a team that took a lot of the fun out of it ..nd started to make flying more like a chore....I feel like a great weight has been lifted .. back to having fun

3. TrAuMaChAsER

TrAuMaChAsER Member

Hey...you can be on my team....all you have to do is provide me with one new heli a month, fix all my poo poo's that happen when I crash, oh and pat me on the back whenever I do something cool. You in?

Sent from Hell via a nano cpx....

4. Collie_Farmer

Im down..probably cheaper then my last team

5. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

So is it like that in the Heli Industry? Is it like everyone out for themselves?

6. Collie_Farmer

No . Just couse I had a bad experience doesn't mean its like that everywhere. .I am disabled and live of 700 a month..I can barely effors to keep a heli in the air ..I was getting him a average of at least one new costumer a month.and was more then happy to do that...these are the things we should do on a team...it was just the 2 funflys a year..the closest funfly to me is almost a 8 hour drive...it was going to cost me at the least 1,500 to aytend these...and it came down to I never ordered from my team anymore couse he dropped our team discount to 5%...I can go to align trex store and get 10% off and free s&h....and theres at least 10 other stores I know of that offers 10% off or more.plus I havent seen my teamate here in over 3 months.....basically fare is fare