Tip Jet

Discussion in 'Heligods General Video's Section' started by ChopsyWA, Oct 20, 2015.

By ChopsyWA on Oct 20, 2015 at 10:33 AM
  1. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this posted. Interesting!

Comments

Discussion in 'Heligods General Video's Section' started by ChopsyWA, Oct 20, 2015.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

That is just nuts, two things stike me about this video, besides the obvious - Dead man Flying comment
      • "So that's where my spare fork handle went, it's being used to control the cyclic", and
      • Hasn't his mate heard of the nine meter rule?
      You'd need the ambulance on quick dial for that test - just nuts
      Simon

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find the right words.. but at a loss... Why and insane are two. The others are too offensive.. lol

3. ChopsyWA

Pretty interesting fuel feed to the tip rockets, hydrogen peroxide fed thru silver mesh, a decomposition system, and then the by product is air and water.

I think it's great as there is no transmission.

Don't get caught up on thoughts of safety, without risk there is no reward. Besides, human life is just about the cheapest commodity of this planet anyway :)

4. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Interesting tech for sure, but really? learn to fly a real one (or a model one!) and go home at night to your family
      Simon

5. ChopsyWA

I understand that the copter shown in the video doesn't look like a "polished" safe product, but after reading the description and a little more investigation I've found that it is actually a production built and sold helicopter, fully approved by the FAA.
      Anyway, still something to check out and learn about if your interested. No need to be too alarmed gents :)

http://www.tecaeromex.com/ingles/RH-i.htm

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The start-up sequence was a bit scary with the hit-and-miss ignition that first minute. I don't think I'd feel safe at over a meter off the ground.