Build Info To Stay With Vbar Or Change To Futaba Cgy750

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by dazelec, Dec 4, 2014.

By dazelec on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM
  1. dazelec

dazelec Active Member

Well guys, my silverline Vbar gyro is buggered on the E5. I will have to send it away to get it looked at, but in the mean time, I'm deciding whether or not to try the Futaba Cgy750 or just fit a new Vbar gyro. The Futaba is $315 and the gyro is $249. I would'nt mind trying something new, but the Vbar is so easy to set up. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, plus I really miss flying the E5.:(

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by dazelec, Dec 4, 2014.

1. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Fulfill Your Destiny My child only you can't make the choice
      Vbar is the best chuck out the rest :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Disagree Disagree x 2
      • List
    2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ikon... or Spartan...

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

And soko no matter what

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I'm sure @zenrc could do you a deal

5. dazelec

dazelec Active Member

Damn you @Manyc for directing me to zen rc's site, the write up on the ikon looks really good. I like the bailout/save feature and you cant go past that price.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

And I know it in and out baby.. I've flown it for the last two years...and the blue tooth module if your game...

Tho I'm trying out the Spartan.. still might say the Ikon is my favorite..

With the bailout I've never used it.. set it up but never used it...

And seriously check it the soko.. hit me up with any questions on either... email them for a combo deal @3dmick can hook you up I'm sure... :p

7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

8. dazelec

dazelec Active Member

Thankyou Ikon Master

9. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

No radar is the master... I am but a hack... But I'll get you sorted... I've been known to set them up at mrchc bring it down one time and I'll even soko it...

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    10. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Ahh the Ikon Master @Manyc . So you prefer the Ikon? Tell me why? does it feel better? My good friend who shall remain nameless (Tareaq) told me that the IKON was the BOMB brother! But anyway I heard that VBAR was overpriced and dumbed down. I cant remember who said that. But if you want speed I know this much. The CGY750 is fast and can be set up to be very slippery. So it depends a bit on how you like to fly....

11. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

It's all personal preference in most ways... But yep it's fast as well.. I don't run it as fast as you @smakmeharder

It just seems to work for me... cyclic is fast... You can change servo frequencies 1Hz at a time.. all cyclic and tail rates are done in degrees.. it has banks.. yes you can the the cgy750 via the radio I know.. internal gov is awesome, tho not as good as kontronik.. which nothing is..

You get full access to pids... it's immensely configurable and like the cgy it can take anything you throw at it.. I mean if it can handle your friend it can handle anything..

Seems to have a nice natural feel.. the swash will come back to centre after an input similar to a flybar and not hold it like I believe the vbar does...

It's worth a look.. and if you train yourself the self level is awesome... to I have never used it on anger..

12. smakmeharder

So IKON has an anger mode? wow.. that sounds just the ticket! I looked up the instruction manual and it seems very straight forward to set up. Do you know the maximum roll rates etc @Manyc ?

13. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Have not looked at the max roll rates.. I know I sent mine to 440 per second... Don't know about an anger mode.. but it has an Extreme 3D mode, which from the the Manufacturers states is just too aggressive, but people wanted it.. if I remember I'll load up the software tonight and see what I can set it to

14. smakmeharder

440 is heaps quick on roll, just wondering about tail... to have control above 740 - 760 degrees per second on the tail is not something i have seen in many gyros except cgy 750.

15. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

The tail states it can go up to 1080 in the software haven't tried it.. But seeing the videos of your other protos friend I would say it can handle it

16. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

I'm running the CGY750 on both my E5 and TREX 500. I can't compare them to vbar or spartan or ikon as I have not flown those. But both helis are very smooth and responsive. I have found the setup and tuning straight forward (especially using the soko with its new app). You can set the CGY up without computer software so adjusting at the field is easy. It also integrates nicely with my SG14. It allows you to adjust the gains on the radio and the unit or just the unit. Great for flight tuning.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    17. TWINLMM

TWINLMM New Member

The choice is yours. I will put my 2 cents in though. I have skookums, mini vbars, big vbars. Bavarian demons 3sx, spartan vx1n 's. Beastx, ikon, and my favorite from best be first is skookum sk720 with gps head and shoulders above other fbl units that I've flown , number 2 is my trusty bavarian demon truly a great unit!!! , vbar and spartan are so similar it is hard to tell. Beastx and ikon would be last that's my own preference . Like I said there all good it's the set up that is important. And the defaults are also important "gain settings" in the spartan vx1n in the heli wizard for the 700 goblin are spot on all I had to do is back the head gain down a click or two. In my opinion the bavarian demon kinda expensive but worth every penny!!!! is the best unit for scale and sport flying and definitely is 3d worthy!! I'm sure you will be happy with any of the newer units on the market today. Good luck

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List