Trex 450l Dominator Tail Problem

Discussion in 'Align' started by Leroybrown238, Feb 27, 2015.

By Leroybrown238 on Feb 27, 2015 at 9:18 PM
  1. Leroybrown238

Leroybrown238 New Member

Hello People,

I'm building a Trex 450l Dominator (my first build) and I'm having a little issue with the tail. The two screws that connect the 'Metal T Type Arm' to the 'Control Link' are stuck. They won't screw in, or out for that matter. I must have put them in too tight and damaged something. Backing them out part of the way was really hard.

Can anyone help me?

[​IMG]

Comments

Discussion in 'Align' started by Leroybrown238, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Leroybrown238

Leroybrown238 New Member

Here's another view.....

[​IMG]

2. Murray Wyatt

Murray Wyatt Member

Screw them in from the other side. Only one side will be threaded. The screw goes through the plain side, through the link and into the thread. That's what it looks like to me

3. Leroybrown238

Leroybrown238 New Member

I was lying in bed, lights off, half asleep when I heard the email arrive in my inbox that someone had replied to my thread. When I read your post Murray I thought "Mate, I told you it was stuck. I can't get it out let alone screw it in from the other side." But then your comment made me think to screw another bolt in from the other side to push the stuck one out. Done! Turns out I screwed them in from the correct side but I must have over done it and warped something. It seems these control links need to be left quite loose to get a smooth action.

Thanks Murray! You're my new best mate!