Trex 450l Talk

Discussion in 'Align' started by William, May 14, 2014.

By William on May 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  1. William

William Active Member

Hey guys new here but I thought a thread to talk about the Trex 450L might be worthwhile!

Who has a 450L and what do you think of it?

Comments

Discussion in 'Align' started by William, May 14, 2014.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Dont have one, would never buy one.. Mini P is heaps better.. trex is nothing but a money pit... :)

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    2. William

William Active Member

Oh I don't know, the L flies really well, and I have not had to modd it like you used to have to do with all the older Align helis...

I did add a Fusuno lid, and some Gorilla gear! But otherwise I jsut use my standard 450 setup, TGY servos, YEP ESC, and the stock 460MX motor!

3. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Ask 3dmick oh that's right helikraft still have it.. lol

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

While I consider it less attractive than a mini-p, it does have some good attributes. Out of the box it is good value providing you don't crash or bump the tail. Small torque tubes do not handle much of a knock. The battery mount is a bit silly as well. Because it mounts in the chassis it limits what sort of battery you can use. BUT stock standard it is a rip roaring smak machine.... albeit a delicate one...

5. William

William Active Member

I do agree, the L is less durable than some of the other 450s out there, but I do like how it flies, I am not a smack flier, and I just enjoy a nice light smooth bird, and as long as you keep the L out of the weeds, it is just that!
      image (31).jpeg

6. smakmeharder

Dude, loved your pirouetting circles, so smooth!... there was alot of good stuff going on there thats for sure!... Have you ever thought about putting one extra pirouette inserted when you go from upright to the inverted piroflip? Just evens up the piroflip but it still is awesome either way... I felt so relaxed while watching that yet totally engaged... Well done @William you signature should be 3.5D piloting!

7. William

William Active Member

Thanks mate! I really enjoy trying to keep it smooth. Yes I know my piro flips are just a little lopsided:( If I really work at them, I can add the extra spin while inverted, and it makes them look more even, it seems I always do a "leveling" spin on the upright side...

8. smakmeharder

Yeah, piroflips can be like that.... If i was to guess at the problem, your not putting in enough aeration on one site...I know because when I try an do them in reverse i have a similar issue...

9. William

William Active Member

Next calm day I will try and get some video doing an extra spin inverted before I flip back to right side up!

My of hand ones are just horrible, but I keep practicing them, and someday they will be video worthy! LOL

10. William

William Active Member

Nice morning here, I picked up a set of four Align 1450s, lightly used, great packs for the L!

11. smakmeharder

Another great morning of flying William.. Its such a great feeling to get new packs... How far is that flying field away from your house? By the looks of it is your back yard... Nice flying once again man!

12. smakmeharder

When doing your piro circles can you do them in all directions?

13. William

William Active Member

Yes I would say my inverted right rudder CCW are my weakest, but I can struggle threw them all. The thing that is really killing me now is rolling circles, I can do them pretty good with a plank, but I just loose all forward speed on a heli? And so far I can only do them CCW forward disk in? And I say do very lightly, I can force it around, but it is not pretty:mad:

14. William

William Active Member

I missed this question, the field is about 1.5 miles from my house, but it is inside the community so I can ride there on a golf cart

15. smakmeharder

Ahhh rolling circles drive me nuts. Your either going that fast that you cant control the buggers or you stall and start going backwards. I think being able to adjust the level of the tail so its just pitching forward is the key but it has to be adjusted constantly. No easyway out!

16. William

William Active Member

Checked my HS today 2835!

17. William

William Active Member

Working on some moves I used to do, but stopped for whatever reason, and it's like having to start all over again...

Piro tic tocs, and four points... :eek:

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    18. beenflying

beenflying Member

William, could you please post some VBar tail settings for your 450 size helis. I changed a 450 Sport over to a VBar today and I just can't get the tail to my liking. Thanks.

19. William

William Active Member

Sure, what do you wanna see, the setup is very straight forward....