Build Info What Are The Best Aftermarket Canopy Mounts?

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 16, 2014.

By smakmeharder on May 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Just wondering which are the best aftermarket canopy mounts. The magnetic? The clip in? what do you think?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 16, 2014.

1. RonM3313

RonM3313 Member

I bought a used Goblin 700 that came with a set of the RCBooya clip ins. I don't care for them! I've lost 2 in flight! I probably didn't have them seated correctly so the loss is my fault but it shouldn't be that hard.

I have a set of Lynx Heli Canopy Thumb screws I like very much. If I lose another RCBooys clip I'm reinstalling the original equipment on the Goblin.

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I have used the RC Booya clip in ones too, and I like them a lot. A few of my friends have been using the magnetic ones, and have no complaints about them that I know of.

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes well Maybe the best mount depends upon what sort of canopy. The goblin canopy is not easy to slide on but the TSA Models looks as if it attaches easily. I had one Booya mount fly off on my trex 550 never to be found again.. because i did not push it in hard enough.

4. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I had one come unsnapped on the 550 once too, and because of the same reason. I have made a point since that happened, to tug on them after installing to make sure they are latched. The TSA canopies go on and off like a dream, so there is no need to change them. they are a bit tough to pull off, because the grommet material is made of a harder rubber than most. But a little smear of tri-flow grease takes care of that. One thing I really like about the TSA mounts, is they have holes in the ends for hairpin clips, for added security if needed/desired.

5. William

William Active Member

I have the RC booya on my logo, I like them fine, but they are all I have used except the stock, which I did not like...

I have the quick UK along with a pile of their other upgrades on my Trex 600, and I do like them, but they are slower to use for sure...

6. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

I have both the screw in and clip in Booyas on my birds. I kind of prefer the screw ins, but I can't find them any longer.

7. William

William Active Member

I did use the screw in Booyas back in the day, they were good too... The Quick UK are a good substitute if you still want a screw in style

8. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

Thanks William! BTW, I like your avatar.

9. William

William Active Member

Wild Bill wants you to fly fast hard and LOW:D