Info Whats The Best Auto Leveling / Bailout System (helicommand, Skookum, Ikon / Msh Brain, ?)

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Adolf, Jul 22, 2014.

By Adolf on Jul 22, 2014 at 11:15 PM
  1. Adolf

Adolf Active Member

I'm looking at picking up an auto-leveling / bailout flybarless system for a upcoming synergy 700 Build

I wanted to get some feedback / discussion going as to which one is the best system out there.

Being my first 700 and being on the older side.. I want the comfort of knowing it's there. I would like some sort of safeguard to help me with my progression / Nerves. I have a SIM, but don't enjoy it as much as I do flying for real.

I've been considering the following so far:

Skookum Robotics SK-720 Black Edition & SK-GPS External Module
    MSH Brain
    The demon , aka HeliCommand HC3-SX

I'm leaning towards the HeliCommand HC3-SX, Any input, videos, findings, observations, etc. are most welcome. I dont get the chance to get on that much but will check back in a few days, Let the discussions begin.

Cheers

Adolf

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Adolf, Jul 22, 2014.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I started out with the HeliCommand HC3-SX, I reckon out of all of them they are the best..

2. Frank goodman

Frank goodman New Member

I used the msh brain for awhile, did an ok, job, but when you set it up you have to make sure your heli is %100 level on the bench for the auto level to work well

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So far I think the HeliCommand is still pretty good. However the skookum SK-GPS Return to Home and Hard Deck rescue has some very very interesting features and I have seen @ghostrider267 fly one and use the gps feature quite successfully.

4. RonM3313

RonM3313 Member

A flying buddy of mine has theDemon. I've seen him practice with it and it does a nice job. I have the Brain on my 700. The auto level works nice but I don't consider it a true bailout.

5. Freeko

Freeko Member

Helicommand/Bavarian Demon has a flawless rescue system. I've used it on 5 different helis and have never ever had it fail. No special setup as far as the unit is concerned, and is very vibration tolerant. Just enable rescue in the software and set up a momentary switch in your tx and you're good to go. On top of that it is a fantastic fbl unit.

6. BeLoWseaLeVeL

BeLoWseaLeVeL Member

i use the ground . when i hit the heli levels out on the ground to an inch above.lol

7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Yeah but the skids are never quite flat on the ground when that happens.. I mean one is with the other sticking out of it usually in a 45 deg angle

8. Boardwalk.Crashin

Boardwalk.Crashin New Member

Being new here i just want to contribute:
      I have tried all three Skookum, Ikon and formerly named Hc3-sx. For various reasons i'm now down to Hc3-sx as the best among the three and I got three of the gray units which I share among my helis.
      Aside from other advantages of this unit i particularly agree that it is vibration tolerant BUT still i use a mini-vbar after a build/re-built any heli for initial shake down and to hunt for- if any- vibration as a good practice.
      I understand that some of my friends here frown upon any form bail-out system but hey who usually pays for the parts when i crash?- the wife. So no debate on that. ;)

9. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Well said mate got to keep the boss happy

10. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

whaat.. the wife pays for them?? man I got to get a new wife... :p

11. Adolf

Adolf Active Member

Thanks guy's.. I ended up with a Hc3-sx, looks like fun to set up ... o_O

12. Freeko

Freeko Member

@Adolf shoot me a message if you have questions, I'd be glad to help.