Question? Who Can Relate...

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Jun 10, 2016.

By smakmeharder on Jun 10, 2016 at 4:10 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So who can relate to this? So careful when it comes to buying things at the supermarket or shoes for your kids.... but when it comes to helis????

13343087_10154177777959030_2093987154930573236_n.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Jun 10, 2016.

1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Nah... I'm. Still sensible, I don't lash out on kontroniks or expert servos than bring no real benefit.

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

If my 450 is down, naturally I'm going to buy what I need to get it back in the air as soon as possible. Since I'm not putting it "down" anywhere near as often as I used to, I find myself drooling over upgrade parts for the 450 or looking for good cheap deals on another Heli when I have spare money burning a hole in my pocket.

3. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I keep it under control generally, and only buy what I need to keep the helicopters flying. But having said that, I have recently spent money on a few things that I just wanted....the Jeti, and HW160. Not to mention a new engine/pipe for the NX7. But other than that, I really have not done a whole lot of spending this year.

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes my spending has been minimal this year as well. Have not flown as much due to work. Work just keeps getting in the way of a good time at the moment. this will change!

5. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I try to get to the field every day after work for a few flights.... weather permitting.

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I am doing my best to keep it under control.. Compared to last year in doing well... But I have bought two hw160 and to be fair one was because the cc160 died...

I am starting to get a handle I says to myself.. Then the protos 380 is announced...

7. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

I keep telling myself that I've pretty much got everything I need and to just focus on flying.......
      Vcontrol and Neo - check, unbelievably fantastic, no longer need to pursue Tx and FBL options.
      Logo 600sx - practice beater small heli, check, very comfortable heli to fly.
      Kasama Dune - small 600 mechanical ecstasy, best 600 going round, great fun, check.
      Banshee 700LE - ultimate German unobtainium, the treat of 2015, speed & big air & 3D. Raw power 700 class... Check.

But..... Then Germany decides to bring a flurry of mechanical ecstasy to market, and all of a sudden what should be a cheap year now turns out to be the most expensive - and mainly due to just airframe cost! The new Banshee 850 and TDR2 should end the pursuit of the best, but I still find myself yearning for a beater 700 - madness! So, hopefully once the new Logo700 is released, I won't have another dollar to spend.... Oh wait, I'll need batteries, and Kosmiks, and servos.... Cool after then no more spending..... ;) Oh wait, then I better go get some groceries.... ;)

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I catch myself scanning the "for sale" threads in various forums.... my phone alerts me of new listings..... consistently looking for that deal too good to pass up.....
      ..... then I just remembered that I need to focus on infrastructure.... new charger, more LiPos, etc.