Why Didn’t I Do This Sooner!!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Ozzy Mozzy, Feb 10, 2016.

By Ozzy Mozzy on Feb 10, 2016 at 2:13 PM
  1. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

I have to say I’m absolutely loving the Helis.... What I get from flying a Heli doesn’t even come close to anything else I have done in RC

I have been into the Rock Crawlers, Micros, Buggys, Truggys, Monster trucks all in 1/10th scale and 1/8th scale.....Also 1/5th Scale off-road in a big way, even raced them in national events!! Done the boats, both small, big electrics and big petrol ones. Still got a lot of them but none of them come close to a Heli....

I know I don’t have to tell you guys this but I just wanted to share....... There is so much to enjoy in Heli land, I love building them and that first maiden!! The feeling you get every time you land!!! There are so many brands to choose from and a size to suit everyone! You never get bored, there is just so much to learn.....

Love taking photos of them, the inverted shots are my favourite.....

Oh yeah and one of the best things I did..... was join Australian Freestyle Flyers, wow have I learnt so much from the guys there, I can actually fly rather than just hover lol.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Ozzy Mozzy, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I agree. I come from 1/10 scale off road experience, but nothing real serious. Almost got into planks.... I've been running versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator since the days of the Commodore-64. What stopped me? The idea of having to have runway and open air. What got me on Heli? A cheap coaxial micro-chinook.... that's all it took.
      Helis appeal to my natural mechanical aptitude. Complexity make things more interesting for me.
      Then there's flying- far more challenging than planks. I mentioned before the adrenaline rush I felt the first time I went inverted with my 450 recently.... awesome! I can't stop! I get frustrated on days when the weather sux.
      I'm Beaver, and I'm a Rotorhead. :p

2. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Yes flying Rc helis is an awesome fun a lot of ups & downs Lol and so many tricks to master Rc Cras are great fun after you have had a great day of flying

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Its like a drug addiction @Ozzy Mozzy , every trick you learn or every tiny thing you master you become more deeply addicted. And when you crash all your helicopters its like going cold turkey! suddenly you feel depressed and you cant put your finger as to the reason why. But when your heli is repaired you understand the reason why you were sad. Yes there can be lows, and big lows at that. And there can be incredible highs as well. This hobby will mentally test you and give you Adrenalin rushes you cant believe. Welcome to the obsession!!

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    4. Ozzy Mozzy

That's awesome Beaver!! I'm hearing you about those days when you can't get out and fly, very annoying.... And I can't wait for my first time to go inverted!!

Sounds like there a good wind down at the end of the day. Something you can crash and bash lol

And an awesome drug to be obsessive about too.... When I'm not flying I'm thinking about my last flight or what I'm going to do on my next flight.... Or I'm reading forums or watching YouTube........ can't stop!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    5. Retssaf

Retssaf Member

Awesome Ozzy , its so good to see again the excitement and buzz that comes with getting into heli's . nearly 4 years for me and the buzz is buzzing stronger than ever .

once you learn all your orientations ,it opens up a whole new world , I'm currently learning piro circuits with reversals upright and inverted ,piro tic tocs and piro loops.

I'm on the sim everyday min 20 mins , for the 1st 2 years i was simming an hour a day broken into 3 sessions of 20 mins each , morning , afternoon and night to map the brain as quick as i could , i backed off a little after that but still sim everyday min 20 mins , also it pays to tune your sim heli's flight characteristics to as close to the feel of your real heli.

once i learn't all my orientations i thought i was nearly there , LOL ahh no , , now the 3D stuff comes , learning left and right piro's , piro circuits and transitions , which then opens up a whole new level of flying and confidence . its taken me a good year of sim 20 mins every day just to get piroflips to sit still well sort of LOL .

persist with this hobby and it will reward you like no other .

BTW if you want to get one of the best experiences in this hobby then make sure you get to Wagga for Heli Heatwave next weekend , I have learnt more at funflys than i have anywhere else .

Andrew

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • List
    6. Ozzy Mozzy

Thanks Andrew, yep I’m going to Wagga for sure, I can’t wait and I’ll be taking heaps of photos......

7. Ozzy Mozzy

Did my first loop the other day..... man what a feeling..... loved it!!!

Also when I go up for a stall turn I bring the nose over and go inverted, then full negative across the sky then back down again.... man I'm loving that one lol..... Another one I like is from tail in going inverted by bringing the nose over and then climb out inverted go really high then roll over and back down again.....

Now I'm really enjoying using all the sky!!

Oh and I did some tic tocs with the Synergy e5 lol......

8. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Oh hey that is sooooo cool. Your first loop can be un-nerving to say the least. And such a rush when you manage to pull it off. Then you will progress to two or three in a row!!!. The backflip/punch outs are awesome fun! Keep on progressing @Ozzy Mozzy!

9. Ozzy Mozzy

Thanks mate...... You couldn't get the smile off my face after the first loop I did...... and yep I'm onto multiple loops in a row now.... so much fun!! Ah so it's called a backflip/punch out!!!.... still learning the lingo!