Notice Winter Solstice Fly In : What's Next

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by simon, Jun 11, 2014.

By simon on Jun 11, 2014 at 12:13 PM
  1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone
    Well the winter solstice fly in has come and gone, and it was fantastic, I hope everyone had a great time. But now is the time to ask the big question, what's next and when can we have it?
    I was talking to @Jeff B at the Fly in and he suggested a camp. A knowledge sharing camp. I'll describe my vision, then everyone can make suggestions / comments / flame me / whatever...

When and for how long:
    I think we have it over two full days, Saturday 1st November and Sunday November 2nd. This is the only public holiday left in the year, and lets face it, most of us will take the Monday, so we can still pull a normal (ish) weekend with the Family / Wife / Partner. This way we don't get the "What! You're leaving for the whole weekend , you went for a fly last week, when is the 'us' time " speech.

To do what:
    This is the best bit. There is a lot of collective knowledge out there, lot of great pilots, very skilled people with setups, engines etc. I'd like to see some of this knowledge passed on the the masses by these guys. So I was thinking we have sessions, here is a vague list, not complete or inclusive by any stretch of the imagination.
    1. Bronze Wing / Gold Wing Sessions. This is for pilots who want to get their wings. Imagine having an instructor running the sessions where they stand beside you, critique your maneuvers and get you on the right track to pass the flight test. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, some flight tests can be done and some Bronze / Gold Wings could be awarded.
    2. 3D - There are some red hot pilots that play in Heligods. We could have some theory and practise, with these pilots instructing us how to do the maneuvers, traps for the unwary and explaining what's going on when you pull your dream maneuver. Imagine someone like Josh, Jeff, Kyle or Radar standing beside you helping you out. That would rock. I'm sure @3D Heligod would stand up..
    3. Auto Training...title says it all really.
    4. A talk on setups, how to get the most from your FBL, different brands, what works, what doesn't.
    5. Engine Tuning. Yes Nitro is Back. We'll get a gun to teach the ancient art of ringing every ounce of power from that shiny new YS91.
    6. Free Flying and big air - Just a bunch of guys throwing it around, like a fun fly.
    I was thinking that we could move between sessions, a sort of semi formal / free fly fun weekend.
    We could organize a pilots dinner on the Saturday night, maybe even kick it off with night flying on the Friday night, who knows....

Obviously a fair bit would have to be organized, venues to be set, and people would have to put their hands up for session leaders (and we could approach them). I think in lieu of no Positive Pitch this could be a great weekend. These Heligod events have gone from strength to strength . Lets keep the momentum and make this a Beast.

Thoughts, comments and ideas are most welcome, let them flow people, let them Flow.....
    Simon

One proviso, @Crash Heligod is not invited EVER

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by simon, Jun 11, 2014.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Great Idea! Maybe the basics on how to set the little guys up as well
      Go TNC
      Simon

2. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Why don't you guys do say a day long session! From getting the HELI out of the box building i, what to look for during the build all the way through to maidens and how to tune the fbl system

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

3. Stephen

Stephen Member

love the idea of some training sessions I felt that was missing from the winter fly especially with so much talent present.