Info Xnova Review By Radar Flight School

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Radar, May 13, 2014.

By Radar on May 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guys,
    I have been contacted by the guys from Xnova Motors and they are sending me one of there motors for RFS to review. From what I've seen so far they look pretty good but time will tell. I'll keep you all updated with where it is at but I am going to try and get a few good pilots to give it run and push it to it's limits. If you want more info on the motors take a look at there link. CLICK HERE!

Xnova.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Radar, May 13, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Ok thanks for @timmy . Some motors like the Pyro seem to have extreme efficiency compared to other motors but i wonder how its possible because the anatomy of a motor suggests its a coil of wire going through a strong magnetic field. I must look in to why different winding configs give more power/efficiency.

2. Radar

Yeah guys should be good comparison the motor I am testing against is a Scorpion Speed 4530 540kv it's very closely spect to the Xnova. Also the Xnova has holes in the stater with direct air flow pushing air through the holes making it run cooler. But will see how it goes, I get a 4:30min flight at the moment so if I can get 5min flight time with almost same power I would be very happy. I'll look into the YY wind not sure @timmy

3. Radar

@timmy yep YY windings Xnova 5100watts Max Con 11000watts Peak @ 2sec / Scorpion 4800watts Max Con 11000watts Peak @ 2sec

4. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Same specs as the 800mx align motor. The Y And YY WINDINGS you are referring to I think mean a step winding in reference to a 3 phase motor generally these have a lower top speed but produce more torque than a delta winding and the symbol for that is a triangle which I cannot find.
      When you also have a hand wound motor as opposed to a machine wound motor the coils in the motor are wound neat and the same for e era winding maintaining the same wire length thus they are electrically and magnetically balanced. Also require less mechanical balancing. Thus being more powerful and efficient.

5. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Youre a sparky ay ? @5Fidy

6. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

How did you guess. Lol

7. Radar

The timing could not have been better. Just in time for the Winter Solstice FunFly. I will be taking it out tomorrow for the first few test flights. I did a few flights after work today with my old motor so can't wait.

image.jpg image.jpg

8. Radar

Well @5Fidy and I took it out for a spin today and man super smooth is all can say so far. Only did one flight on it after 5fidy spotted a tooth missing on my tail drive gear after I just spanked the shiz out of it.

I need to put down some more flights with the motor before I can give my veridic.

9. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well thats a good sign the power is there thats for sure.. The three variables that matter the most are - 1 power - 2 efficiency - 3 weight - 4 build

10. Radar

Going out for a full day of flying tomorrow so hoping to get some flight video's up soon.

11. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Looking forward to that, You have some moves i need to steal , Mauh ha ha ha ha ..

12. Radar

Here you go guys first test video still will do some more review on the motor after a few more flights.

13. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Nice job on the vid man. Have to say yes the motor looked and sounded very impressive
      today. Looking forward for more videos.

14. Radar

A massive thanks to @Nate Gaze for putting the video together Thanks Buddy.

15. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Nice dude, thanks for that ..