Info New Girlfriend....

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 2, 2015.

By smakmeharder on May 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well pulled the pin today.... Got a 380 on order... Thanks Zen! Looking forward to a long honeymoon with this baby

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 2, 2015.

1. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

You are not the only one having fun. I got Note 4, Gear VR and Gamepad from Samsung.

We have something in common I suppose. Burning cash for overpriced products and showing off is our hobby. ;)

I could stick with my Note 2, Xperia Z and Tab S.

You could get 2 Assault 700 kits instead on one 380 Goblin and stretch one to 800 for simillar price.

NASA could save around $3000 on this one putting Gartt Motors instead of Scorpions: ;)

http://www.nasa.gov/langley/ten-engine-electric-plane-completes-successful-flight-test

Lets have fun! :) Life is short... War is comming... (Ukraine)

I watched The Waterman Diviner movie. Australian soldiers dying at Galipoli... You should be proud. Story is sad :(

There are many sad war stories:
      http://www.ted.com/talks/george_takei_why_i_love_a_country_that_once_betrayed_me

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    2. smakmeharder

Yes very true @utrinque , lets have FUN.... Nice pickup with the Note4, GearVR and Gamepad! The GL10 looks really impressive. And as for Galipoli, it was a very sad moment for Australia - war in general allways seems such a waste and many great people die...

But i am happy about my 380 :)

3. utrinque

$10 Google cardboard provides better picture than $200 Samsung Gear VR. Am I surprised? ;) No!

Gear has some advantages but lenses are horrible, to strong, I can literarly see subpixels on Note 4 515ppi screen!

4. simon

simon Well-Known Member

You will frack it in the first day, for sure. But it will be exquisite
      Simon

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    5. utrinque

I have to make a photo of 380 next to 800 ;)

There is G380 at our field!

6. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

I love my 380, what an awesome machine !!!

7. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Hahaha you will love it mate awesome little Heli

8. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

I think the Goblin 380 is good value.

Its chassis looks to be better designed than an align trex 450 ( which is not a 450 but a 325 mm or 360 mm).

Sab Goblin can actually specifiy the model correctly, 380 = 380 mm blades.

Its got a full body fuselage. Buy any other pod and boom helicopter, than an after market full body fuselage, and then a person will very quickly realise just how good value for money a Goblin 380 is.

And another thing, most full scale fuselages aren't for 3D, they are either for scale, speed, or F3C.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    9. josh

josh Active Member

Sawweeet! give it a thrashing Ray!! Will have to come down to MRCHC to have a watch soon!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    10. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Come on @smakmeharder post up the 380 punch out challenge vid :)

11. smakmeharder

Yeah i intend to really give it heaps once i make friends with it. Currently my minip is chewing through too many belts - like i get around 30 flights before having to change the belt. Due to the high power of the xnova.... but i must admit its a fun 30 flights. If i can smash the gobby around for hundreds of flights then i am going to be very happy. From all reports and from what i see i belive this is the case...

12. utrinque

G380 is quite heavy: 1.45kg with lipos. It screams for high RPM. Flights will be short but full of fun I am sure.

I was surprised with quite good low RPM performance. In flight it does not look that heavy.

325mm, 360mm and 380mm seem simillar. They are not! Difference is really big.

13. smakmeharder

Very true @utrinque. I have observed this model heli for some time as i prefer smaller helicopters. My miniprotos swings 360 and it moves quite quick, probably quicker than any 450/500 i have seen. However the things that attracted me to the 380 is this.

Using my xnova motor in the minip I am only getting 30 flights before the belt strips. I am flying it really hard however - lots of hard pogos, snap turns and other silly moves which really stress the helicopter.

The 380 will do 100s of hard flights at super high rpm before requiring mechanical maintenance. It is pretty solid and for the size of 380, its not really heavy if you subtract the electronics and battery. ie dry frame weight is pretty good but if you want to go really hard and fast then you need solid bigger motor/speedy and servos.

So I believe with reasonable certainty after seeing the 380s run for some time now that i will be able to fly hard pack after pack at super high rpm.

Yes crashing is expensive but its so easy and fast to repair this helicopter. I spent 5 hours replacing 2 frames on my minip. it would take no longer than 45mins to do the same with the 380.

The speed of the 380 is faster than my minip with forward speed and pogos - direction change is very fast. And the other thing is the geometry, ie it rolls and flips very symmetrically - so small fast and hard smak flights with accuracy at speed.

BUT!! the proff will be in the pudding! After 1 month of hard flying i intend to have at least 100 + flights.

Dont worry if i am not happy with something i will let you know. The mini protos was a great helicopter for me. But for what i want, it cant keep up without breaking every 30 or so flights now. Sure i can tame it down but personally like to fly with lots of direction change, flips, rolls and speed in a small confined area. Im not a big air flyer - yet.

14. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I could not think of a better person to give an honest, no BS review of this helicopter than @smakmeharder , an honest pilot who can also walk the walk. I look forward with anticipation to your review after 100 flights.
      Simon

15. utrinque

@smakmeharder I am happy for you. :)

You know I prefer low weight, cheap, relatively low RPM, bigger helis. I did not try 800 on 6S but I have to do this.

Anyway when I fly my 450PRO connector and battery cables are hot. I understand why power attracts many.

16. smakmeharder

Dont you worry, I will definitely do a thorough review..... hopefully no pilot error while getting used to the heli. @3dmick was really unlucky on the day i saw him fly, just after he finished putting the heli together. I am sure it was @Crash Heligod who pushed his collective the wrong way as i have NEVER seen mick stuff up a stick movement like that. But that was the thing. In the blink of an eye @3dmick fixes a seriously crashed 380 in next to no time due to low part count and easy assembly. That is really important to me - i want reliability and easy fix. Now lets Pareto my desires....

NO 1: Smak Monster - high disk load for size.
      NO 2: Great flying Heli (fast, smak, speed, roll, flip)
      NO 3: RELIABLE over 100s of flights! (using reliable electronics as well)
      NO 3: Easy to Fix
      No 4: Cheap to RUN (not necessarily repair - most crashes are due to parts wear so if heli is reliable it becomes cheap over time)
      NO 5: Sexy to look at (if you dont crash it can look sexy for along time)

17. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Very sexy Heli yes I think it was the esc
      That cause my 380 to go in

18. Finky

Finky Member

can you guys please list your 380 setups?

19. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

My setup:

• Motor: Xnova Xts 3215-930kv Tareq Edition
      • ESC: Kontronik Koby 90 LV
      • Servo: MKS DS95's and MKS HV9780 Min Tail Servo (MKS ds95's are faster than the BK's @ 6v and the torque is plenty on them, 4 kilo is not needed. It just hype so BK can get more sales.) However either servo brand will do well.
      • Flybarless system: CGY 750
      • Batteries: 1400 mah, 6S, 50c Optipower & 1800 mah, 6S, 50c @@ZEN RC Packs
      • Main Blades Halo 385's
      • Tail Blades 70 mm Zeal carbon's
      • Head speed , Around 4,200RPM on idel up 2 and around 3,500RPm on Idel up 1